Weird Interlacing issues (NFL STREET 2)
I've been having graphical issues while playing NFL Street 2, but also on other games. It looks like half of the scan lines stay at full resolution, while the other half squish to have of the vertical screen. I've attached a photo of what I'm talking about. The issue pops up for only 10 seconds or so at a time, but it makes the gameplay very difficult I thought it had to do with the interlacing setting, but I've changed the interlace setting around a lot and haven't found a setting that eliminates the problem.

Has anyone esle run into this issue? Any guidance on this issue would be great.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
CPU: Intel 11700K
Mobo: MSI Z590 PRO WIFI ATX LGA1200
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070ti
RAM: 64 Gb
PCSX2 v1.7.5553

NFL Street 2 from ISO

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Direct 3d11 ? Why ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm genuinely not sure. I'll switch that back to automatic and see if that fixes anything.

I'll report back if problems persist.
(02-11-2024, 12:14 AM)Nuclear_Toast Wrote: Has anyone esle run into this issue? Any guidance on this issue would be great.

I actually think this is a clamping issue. Many EA Sports games have an issue with VU1 clamping being at Normal.  In the game's settings menu, go to the Advanced settings, set VU1 clamping to 'Extra and Preserve' and then boot the game and see if it fixes it. The Automatic deinterlace setting should work fine after that.

( For Advanced menu to appear, first go to Tools > Show Advanced Settings and enable that )
(02-11-2024, 11:19 PM)someother1ne Wrote: I actually think this is a clamping issue. Many EA Sports games have an issue with VU1 clamping being at Normal.  In the game's settings menu, go to the Advanced settings, set VU1 clamping to 'Extra and Preserve' and then boot the game and see if it fixes it. The Automatic deinterlace setting should work fine after that.

( For Advanced menu to appear, first go to Tools > Show Advanced Settings and enable that )

Things seem to be working fine with Jesalvein's solution, but if the problem pops up again, I'll try your suggestion.