Weird Sudden OpenGL Incompatibility
Is latest GIT working?

Sponsored links

Yes however the glsl test is still a dynamic cast does linux require this for it to work
there is a crash if the blending unit is set to anything other than none all the other check boxes disable them self to prevent other crashes
Code:
>    GSdx32-SSE2-dbg.dll!GSRendererOGL::SendDraw(bool require_barrier) Line 545    C++
    GSdx32-SSE2-dbg.dll!GSRendererOGL::DrawPrims(GSTexture * rt, GSTexture * ds, GSTextureCache::Source * tex) Line 951    C++
    GSdx32-SSE2-dbg.dll!GSRendererHW::Draw() Line 544    C++
    GSdx32-SSE2-dbg.dll!GSState::FlushPrim() Line 1475    C++
    GSdx32-SSE2-dbg.dll!GSState::Flush() Line 1382    C++
    GSdx32-SSE2-dbg.dll!GSState::GIFRegHandlerZBUF<0>(const GIFReg * r) Line 1272    C++
    GSdx32-SSE2-dbg.dll!GSState::Transfer<3>(const unsigned char * mem, unsigned int size) Line 1971    C++
    GSdx32-SSE2-dbg.dll!GSgifTransfer(const unsigned char * mem, unsigned int size) Line 642    C++
    pcsx2-dbg.exe!SysMtgsThread::ExecuteTaskInThread() Line 387    C++
    pcsx2-dbg.exe!Threading::pxThread::_try_virtual_invoke(void (void) * method) Line 545    C++
    pcsx2-dbg.exe!Threading::pxThread::_internal_execute() Line 645    C++
    pcsx2-dbg.exe!Threading::pxThread::_internal_callback(void * itsme) Line 685    C++
    w32pthreads.v4-dbg.dll!ptw32_threadStart(void * vthreadParms) Line 223    C
    [External Code]

The intel debugger (https://software.intel.com/en-us/gpa) does not work with pcsx2 causing the program to freeze after loading the log ui
the likely cause is the plugin system
Blending is likely not supported by your driver but I need to improve it
Debuggers will only work if you put pcsx2 in to interpreter mode, for some reason the recompilers cause Debuggers to lock up, happens with the nvidia one too
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-17-2015, 09:49 AM)gregory Wrote: I disabled openGL support on windows Intel because of driver issue. Maybe they fix it.

If you know how to compile PCSX2, you can really help me.

Please edit GLLoader.cpp around line 398. Remove those 4 lines.
Code:
#ifdef _WINDOWS
        if (intel_buggy_driver)
            return false; // too much buggy no need to check anything.
#endif

Recompile in dev mode (not release).

The initial error aren't important. It is because GSdx fails to load some 4.5 optional features. If it doesn't work. There is a builtin shader compilation self-test. You can enable it by adding this option in GSdx.ini
Code:
debug_glsl_shader = 2
Don't forget to remove it if you really want to play a game Tongue2
Finally finally got around to this. My first time stepping through a big open source thing >w< I don't understand the entire architecture so make sense of this gobbledygook what you can:

I commented that part out, built it, put it in my 1.3.1 revision of PCSX2, and it ran; though, yeah, must be Shader errors since nothing is showing up at all. (either full black screen or full white screen) I enabled that option in GSdx.ini and got an output on the console, which is... a lot of GLSL compilation errors, like you posted earlier.
( Also hit a "This application has requested the Runtime [MSVC++] to terminate it in an unusual way. \n Please contact the application's support team for more information". xP )

Yeah, just as you describe. So, okay, went and edited res/glsl_source.h and remove the 4 lines I could find that contains " float gl_ClipDistance[];\n" and rebuilt GSdx. And upon running a game, the console showed no errors! Just  "GSdx: test OpenGL shader. Please wait..." and then the MSVC++ crash. Tongue2

So, removed the glsl_debug_shader in the .ini file, and... nothing. It ran like before, but then I got a balloon on my taskbar informing me:
"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
 Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8® stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

So that's where I'm at now, sadly. Removing "float gl_ClipDistance[];\n" took away the GLSL compilation errors, but, stopped my GPU from responding, apparently? gl_ClipDistance has been around since version 1.5, right? Is it even referenced to? I don't get it.
@jesscat,
You're late Tongue2 Just download latest git and don't forget to remove debug_glsl_shader = 2 from the ini file.
You also need to disable accurate_blending. It will be so much easier if HW vendor could provide a full&working driver.
(08-21-2015, 12:31 PM)gregory Wrote: @jesscat,
You're late Tongue2 Just download latest git and don't forget to remove debug_glsl_shader = 2 from the ini file.
You also need to disable accurate_blending. It will be so much easier if HW vendor could provide a full&working driver.
Always late.
I'm confused; I downloaded that, removed that from the ini file, and had the same result as the end in my post, even with accurate_blending_unit=0 is set in the ini; is that what you meant?

My same driver works as expecting with other programs like Dolphin with OGL enabled and my own applications. I wonder what's the problem? Is it just incompatible with the gl_FragCoord redeclaration?
The driver doesn't follow gl spec. So it failed to compile the shader due to badly implemented feature. Shaders compile fine on Nvidia/AMD/Mesa....

Anyway I will see if I can correct the 2 crashes. Try to disable accurate date too.
Normally I fixed both crashed with latest git.

What version of openGL does your driver support? 4.3 ? or below?
Quote:debug_glsl_shader = 2
This option only run the compilation of the shader and close the plugin. You must check that Intel is capable of compiling the shader without any errors.
Ah, okay.

Latest git results in same error with same "driver stopped responding and restarted" error, with no display.

My driver is version 3.3. debug_glsl_shader=2 with no glsl compile errors, just that:
Code:
Buggy driver detected, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects will be disabled

INFO: GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic is available
INFO: GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 is available
INFO: GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend is available
INFO: GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects is NOT SUPPORTED
INFO: GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store is NOT SUPPORTED
INFO: GL_ARB_copy_image is NOT SUPPORTED
INFO: GL_ARB_buffer_storage is available
INFO: GL_ARB_clear_texture is NOT SUPPORTED
INFO: GL_ARB_clip_control is NOT SUPPORTED
INFO: GL_ARB_direct_state_access is NOT SUPPORTED
INFO: GL_ARB_texture_barrier is NOT SUPPORTED
DSA is not supported. Replacing the GL function pointer to emulate it
Error GL_ARB_texture_barrier is not supported by your driver. You can't emulate correctly the GS blending unit! Sorry!
* SPU2-X: Enumerating PortAudio devices:
*** Device 0: 'Primary Sound Driver' (Windows DirectSound)
*** Device 1: 'Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)' (Windows DirectSound)
*** Device 2: 'Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)' (Windows WASAPI)
*** Device 3: 'Speakers (Realtek HD Audio output)' (Windows WDM-KS)

GSdx: test OpenGL shader. Please wait...

Error GL_ARB_texture_barrier is not supported by your driver. You can't emulate correctly the GS blending unit! Sorry!
Blend 0 instructions for 18 shaders (mean of 0.00)
Alpha Tst 0 instructions for 8 shaders (mean of 0.00)
Fbmask/fog/shuffle/read_ba 0 instructions for 2 shaders (mean of 0.00)
Date 0 instructions for 6 shaders (mean of 0.00)
Fba/Clr1/Dfmt 0 instructions for 3 shaders (mean of 0.00)
Fst/Tc/IIp 0 instructions for 1 shaders (mean of 0.00)
Tfx/Tcc 0 instructions for 10 shaders (mean of 0.00)
Must blending be enabled for anything to be displayed, or is that on a game-by-game basis perhaps?

It's too bad I can't use my Ubuntu's Intel driver qq