Weird bug with Kingdom Hearts 1
(10-05-2011, 11:20 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: really ref? Tongue2

i don't notice it, i must not be looking for it

What? This is what it looked like before Ref fixed it for me: http://i.imgur.com/HTmq0.jpg - This is what it looks like now that it's fixed: http://i.imgur.com/GKBOq.jpg

Thanks again Ref.

Sponsored links

(10-05-2011, 11:25 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: it switches to GSDX software mode.

Ref, isn't this something you could resolve by adjusting the d3d clear mode, like works on some N64 games to resolve images blending into the next screen.

possibly, i generally leave gsdx to everybody else, its a bit of a maze to navigate Tongue

I thought it had been fixed previously, but maybe not... Besides, its not actually in the way of anything and its gone when the game starts so 99% of non-fussy people dont care xD

Welcome Tyestor Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-05-2011, 11:28 PM)refraction Wrote: possibly, i generally leave gsdx to everybody else, its a bit of a maze to navigate Tongue

I thought it had been fixed previously, but maybe not... Besides, its not actually in the way of anything and its gone when the game starts so 99% of non-fussy people dont care xD

Welcome Tyestor Smile

Thanks Laugh Sorry to be a bit pedantic but...I'm really OCD about these sorts of things. Kinda like how the "Playstation 2" logo goes down to the bottom of the screen on that part of the game start up Tongue Can you fix that or is that something to do with the BIOS? Sorry I'll stop now Laugh
Ah, haha, now i see it, i was focusing on the area in the actual video.

Yeah its a clear mode issue, the area at the top and bottom aren't being updated when the video starts so it just sticks there till the next full frame is drawn over the top.

Jabo resolves it by resetting the entire frame as a new one is drawn every 3 or always(every single) frame.

surprising that gsdx doesn't have a similar hack available.
use fast boot, then youll never see it to OCD over Tongue

edit: sorry that should be CDO Tongue

(10-05-2011, 11:33 PM)refraction Wrote: use fast boot, then youll never see it to OCD over Tongue

edit: sorry that should be CDO Tongue

Haha true but fast boot is wrongly named because it's practically the same as full boot speed wise. Should be called "No PlayStation 2 Intros/Logos/Theme Tunes boot" Tongue.
exactly, it cuts about 5-10 seconds off your boot time, so, fast boot Tongue

Its also the only way to run many newer imported dumps on an incompatible bios
It's also the way to ignore language/display settings on games that use those.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64