Weird graphical artefacts when I use Direct 3D hardware and slowdown when I use-
(05-11-2014, 01:22 PM)refraction Wrote: 3 is optimal for your cpu. If you haven't the i7 920 overclocks to 3.4Ghz easily by just changing the BCLK to 170mhz (iirc), no voltage adjustments needed, makes quite a difference.

my i7 920 begs to differ on that thought. OC is never that straight forward while it might work, I highly doubt it would be stable under prime95 and many other stress test, and Emulation with pcsx2 is stress test in it self.
I had 3.2 ghz OC and I had to mess with voltages to stop prime95 from BSOD and can coming back with ram errors. That never stoped Pcsx2 from randomly BSOD on me though rare, Then came along Swtor which bsod my system frequently with just 3.2ghz oc turn the OC off all bsod stop.

Special on X58 based system then again my issue may have something to do with the bent pins on my mb which might explain why 5 out 6 ram sets i tried in my system all lost ram at random, my issues aside OC is never that straight forward and bad advice to tell any that is is.

side thought in VP2 in the forests that dont show correct I used software mode with 6 thread and it ran the forest at 60fps other wise it was at 45fps or lower, i sure other thread counts would work too.

Sponsored links

Maybe i got lucky then? I can overclock my CPU to 3.4Ghz no-brainer style AND i can even drop the core voltage down to 1.2 and it will still be 100% stable. In fact im at 3.8Ghz now and still undervolted, but not by quite so much.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-12-2014, 02:14 PM)refraction Wrote: Maybe i got lucky then? I can overclock my CPU to 3.4Ghz no-brainer style AND i can even drop the core voltage down to 1.2 and it will still be 100% stable. In fact im at 3.8Ghz now and still undervolted, but not by quite so much.

Amd thing maybe but OC on i7 special on x58 chipset is not a straight forward as that seeing as he has same first gen i7 as me he has x58 chipset most likely, and it most defiantly isnt that simple. Or it could be and it bent pins i have on my MB, but most stuff I read on OC on a x58 chipset/ i7 920 say its not that simple.