Weird graphical artefacts when I use Direct 3D hardware and slowdown when I use-
-software

So I'm trying to play my old games and basically I was having this issue where the UI would go behind objects and there was translucent black artefacts on the screen. I googled and the soloution was to switch the direct 3D rendering to software, now the game is basically in slow motion unless I look to the sky.

The games are:
Destroy All Humans 2
Spider-Man 2

My computer is
Windows 7 64bit
3GB ram
Inter Core i7 920
ATI Raedon 5970 graphics

If anyone can help me or wants additional information I'd be very thankful.

Sponsored links

Try to increase extra rendering threads in gsdx plugin settings if you want to stick to the software solution
(05-11-2014, 12:56 PM)willkuer Wrote: Try to increase extra rendering threads in gsdx plugin settings if you want to stick to the software solution

Is there a specific number or should I just use trial and error?
slowly increasing until your framerate drops again. I think 3 or 4 maybe even more is the right number. Depends on the game and mostly on the cpu.
3 is optimal for your cpu. If you haven't the i7 920 overclocks to 3.4Ghz easily by just changing the BCLK to 170mhz (iirc), no voltage adjustments needed, makes quite a difference.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

hyperthreading doesn't help? Can you only use your real cores? Or it is because of thread communication timeouts?
Upping the rendering threads does seem to help the problem a lot (I have it at 3) but there's slowdowns whenever anything like 5 enemies come up on screen.
You can try to overclock as refraction said. This will help for sure.

have you tried speedhacks?
Speedhacks and the thread count thing seem to have fixed the issue. Thanks guys! Smile
(05-11-2014, 01:45 PM)willkuer Wrote: hyperthreading doesn't help? Can you only use your real cores? Or it is because of thread communication timeouts?

HT is useless for PCSX2 in most games, there are a select few that the SW rendering threads can provide a boost. We should really make a thread for it ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]