Well this is new (Latest pcsx2 dev build)
Final Fantasy XI installs to a hard disk so it can get updates etc. Itis an online game and requires a server to connect to, they all shut down years ago, so you cannot play it, even if you manage to install it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

OH *****, wait a minute. That's the one game that has that boss that takes I think more than an IRL day to destroy, even with proper planning and gear, right? Well, not as if there's a lack of FF titles to play, so if I bother playing another, ill have a good pick to draw from, consider that HDD portion done and over with

All I would like clarification on now, is the network options.
In the face of true and un-restrained awesomeness, let it belong to me and me alone, cuz I said so, and cuz I have the HAMS OF DOOM
I'm not sure XLink is working properly right now, i mean you can try it (you will need to install OpenVPN or something to get an adapter to choose) but I have a suspicion it doesn't quite work right currently.

ill just take both the network and HDD options are a W.I.P as my answer. Also I only mentioned XLink because WAY back when I was a kid, I dabbled in xlink a tiny bit to play some halo 2 modded matches (zanzibar map with some adjustments, think a modded in gold warthog?). One was a Sniper only match with maximum overshields that regen
In the face of true and un-restrained awesomeness, let it belong to me and me alone, cuz I said so, and cuz I have the HAMS OF DOOM
(01-10-2021, 09:55 PM)refraction Wrote: Final Fantasy XI installs to a hard disk so it can get updates etc. Itis an online game and requires a server to connect to, they all shut down years ago, so you cannot play it, even if you manage to install it.

https://manuals.playstation.net/document...stall.html
Sorry to thread hijack, but will all PS2 titles with HDD support format the 10GB reserve on the PS3, or just said titles mentioned by Sony?
do you know the location it's saved in or if it creates one for every game?
/dev_hdd0/save data/vmc being for PS2 memory cards.
Wanted to see if I can store & launch some PS2 homebrew from it, currently I can only get it to load ELFs off the 8MB memory card.
cdrom0:/ seems to gett messed up as cdfs Unsure & USB / mass isn't supported by ps2netemu.
(01-10-2021, 08:10 PM)refraction Wrote: I think I discussed this with somebody else (unless it was yourself) if somebody makes a request or pull request on github we will look in to adding it, but for the moment yes there will be no support.

No that was not with me.  But thank you for the answer.  I will wait until you guys devise a good way to add analog facebutton support in the future.  If not, what is the best way to play games that utilize it like MGS2/3?
Use 1.6 for those games for now, so you can use the plugin. We're already looking at ways to implement this, we think we've found what was changed, we just need to make sure we can add it without breaking current functionality.