Well this is new (Latest pcsx2 dev build)
havent updated my pcsx2 in a while, so I grabbed the latest dev release, backed up my mem cards, savestates, cheats, and the bios from my ps2, and I full deleted my old pcsx2 and downloaded the most recent dev release of pcsx2. Something I noticed RIGHT away was the number of plugins in the plugins folder only being 3, just the video plugins

Did the other plugins get baked into pcsx2, did they get shifted into another folder.......what the hell happened?
In the face of true and un-restrained awesomeness, let it belong to me and me alone, cuz I said so, and cuz I have the HAMS OF DOOM

Sponsored links

They are part of the core now, not a plugin anymore.

Easier to clean up codebase and grow, new plugins aren't being made anyway. Built-in and some good 3rd parties are now included.
Oh, ok, didnt know that was going to happen, but a welcome change regardless. Sad that my old savestates dont work with the newer dev builds anymore, but then again I maxed out dark cloud ages ago, so nothing lost there. Still seeing the eldritch majin dante glitch I had in older versions, kinda hoped this newer version would've put the kibosh on it

One thing that caught my eye was the network and HDD settings tab in config. Mind explaining what do, what purpose be? Also the USB Settings too, only noticed that just now
In the face of true and un-restrained awesomeness, let it belong to me and me alone, cuz I said so, and cuz I have the HAMS OF DOOM
i think the HDD settings is for the PSN version of ps2 games(digital) i guessed
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(01-10-2021, 11:48 AM)smartstrike Wrote: i think the HDD settings is for the PSN version of ps2 games(digital) i guessed

Not necessarily.
Some.games required it like FfXI
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I saved stuff to the hdd but after a reboot the files are gone even though the hdd partion is formatted & the folders are still readable in u/wLaunchELF, it also report it as being 8GB even though dev9hdd.raw is 4GB.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

HDD isn't impemented yet, there is a PR for it https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/3932
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

So I was doing the Dualshock 3 -> SCP toolkit -> LilyPad-Scp-r5875 plugin for pressure sensitive buttons. But since plugin support is out does this mean we can't use pressure sensitive anymore? Or will this feature be worked into the core as well?
I think I discussed this with somebody else (unless it was yourself) if somebody makes a request or pull request on github we will look in to adding it, but for the moment yes there will be no support.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Final Fantasy XI uses the HDD settings for.....what, ps2 wise? Also, the network settings, is that mean to allow netplay across desktop/laptop platforms somehow by itself or in conjunction with software like XLink KAI and some other software I forget the name of?