Well, weird analog problems
but if he walks by himself the pad is not configured correctly or the sensitivity is too high...

Sponsored links

Answering the first post, The reason for the characters movement is due to the joypad calibration. Most controls allow doing it's calibration at the Windows control panel (Devices and Printers).

Maybe the control is broken case is not possible to correct the issue at driver level, becomes a mechanical problem then.

Increasing the dead zone might help to prevent the auto moving issue but gives smaller room to deal with the other most common issue that is running when moving diagonally.

That second is due the way most drivers do thing, their calibration don't follow a "round" pattern as is easily noticed the control fills the "square". The only control I saw to date that presents a round pattern are those from Razer, perhaps it's so with other good ones too.

Feels awkward you can't reach the square corners when testing it's calibration but don't be fooled by it, what it's doing is being "round' in all directions, the result is moving in diagonal is exactly the same and feels exactly equal as moving orthogonally, the same sensitivity all the way.

But, since it's not the case of most controls of there, try tweaking with the sensitivity gauge till finding the best possible values for your specific control. A value that's good for one control might not be the same for another, try increasing or diminishing the sensibility till finding the best point.

In fewer words:

The dead zone commands ... the dead zone where small signals coming from the control are ignored, this parameter is important to compensate slight control calibration miss aligns. The price is it is like a loose car steering wheel.

The sensibility commands how quickly the control signals are sent (how the signal increases with the stick bending) and how far they can reach. It's useful to make easier or correct the amount to move the stick before the character goes from walking to running... or as in many cases, to ever being able to run, mostly in the diagonal direction.
Imagination is where we are truly real
And here i was thinking that my controller was messed up. I bought a new controller the other day and the EXACT same thing happens to me. Im gona try the suggestions and see what happens.
If it's an X360 controller, try the Pokopom plugin.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]