Went from WinXP Pro to Windows 7 Ultimate - PCSX2 doesn't run properly anymore!
first i had windows xp pro 32-bit installed and pcsx2 svn1059 (which works well for most of the games i want to play) that runned smoothly on my winxp pro. i then went from that to windows 7 ultimate 32-bit, and now i cannot run the games as smoothly as i ran them when i had winxp pro installed. even with all the same settings as i used when i was on winxp pro. i did try to increase the "VU Cycle" to "Moderate speedup" in order to get the game to run a bit better, but now it's glitchy, which is annoying and not suitable.

right now, the games i run, are running SLOWER than they did on WinXP Pro. The characters are walking slower than before etc.

what can be wrong? how can i make things like before?

i've got the pc that's required to run the games, which is why i could run them so smoothly on winxp pro.

sounds is not important here since i don't use any sound. so nevermind that.

here are my current settings (as i had them on winxp pro as well) - these are the settings that makes my current games run slower than before:
[Image: 693136.jpeg]
[Image: 693137.jpeg]
[Image: 693138.jpeg]
[Image: 693139.jpeg]

how can i make my games run smoother on windows 7 32-bit without putting the vuy cycle to moderate?!

any ideas?

Sponsored links

i'm only guessing here... could it be your graphics driver in windows 7? update it?

and umm... haved you tried the latest pcsx2, just to check?
you're on ultimte, try to install XP mode perhaps? that would make the answers absolute. personally I think your PC settings are outa wack
(07-28-2010, 06:15 AM)Saiki Wrote: you're on ultimte, try to install XP mode perhaps?

i thought 3d apps don't work (or perform badly) with... that; which is essentially the deal with most virtualized setups?
maybe you should get latest beta.
the one you're using isn't supported anymore.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-28-2010, 06:21 AM)patrickdinh Wrote:
(07-28-2010, 06:15 AM)Saiki Wrote: you're on ultimte, try to install XP mode perhaps?

i thought 3d apps don't work (or perform badly) with... that; which is essentially the deal with most virtualized setups?

not with Win7's Xp mode. it virtualizes at the hardware level, as opposed to the software level like VMware does (for example) therefor it isn't emulating 3D, it's USING 3d
Another possible problem MIGHT happen if you "upgraded" to Win7, as opposed to installing a "fresh" copy, probbably moreso if you've upgraded from 32 to 64-bit.
The advanced settings are too high, click the default button and try again.

What game did you try? What PC specs? What kind of slower do you get? any screenshots to compare?
Check with CPU-Z and GPU-z that the graphics card and CPU are running at the right clock speeds.

(07-28-2010, 07:23 AM)Saiki Wrote: not with Win7's Xp mode. it virtualizes at the hardware level, as opposed to the software level like VMware does (for example) therefor it isn't emulating 3D, it's USING 3d

I don't think it virtualizes so great with hardware acceleration apps so it'd be performing badly anyway.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
maybe, but each chipset/card is different. I unfortunately cannot check that Angry
ok... below are my latest configs (on latest beta), but it's still not working as it should! this is driving me MAD! it used to work SO great before, but not now...

please let me know what changes i should do in order to make this perform optimal.

ps: and when i start to record and play, it makes the game REALLY slowly! why's that? that didn't happen before...

here are my current settings on 0.9.7 beta:
[Image: 695194.jpeg]
[Image: 695195.jpeg]
[Image: 695196.jpeg]
[Image: 695197.jpeg]
[Image: 695198.jpeg]
[Image: 695199.jpeg]

my specs / sys info:
[Image: 695203.jpeg]

what can i do to make this work correctly then??

im trying to play Berserk. a typical 3d-game.

i've also tried to make the .exe run in WinXP Pro SP2 and SP3 mode, but no positive result.