What Are My Limits
AFAIK, upgrading for Direct3D10/11 use isn't as much about the speed increase, as it would be for cleaner emulation (less missing graphics 'n such). There can be both to be gained, but exact results will vary by the game in this.

You really will get full, or decent speed with many games on your system. It may take some aid in settings (mainly helpful are Speedhacks), but it's not like most games will be too much for it. If any game is consider to be more demanding by others on the forums, there's just a fair chance you'll find it the same.

Sponsored links

Thanks for your reply, it's really helpfull. So I'm getting full with many games, great. I'm making a list now, which will contain mostly jrpgs, and other japanese games. So far only jrpgs I'm having problems with are digital devil saga 1-2 and Wild arms 3 (The later games like wild arms 4 is working perfectly Laugh). Upgrading to win7 may provide a little speed-up, and cleaner emulation (well I've been having some shadow problems with digital devil saga, but if ı don't get full speed, it won't matter much. Still upgrading to win7 this weekend. I'll see if I'm getting more speed.

Thanks again.
What exactly is the "buildbot beta" anyhow? I have 0.9.8 and the only beta I found was 0.9.7 and since I have a quad-core processor I could make use of some of the new features that are in the beta.

Please provide a link, it's easier than explaining where it is.
(09-15-2011, 08:36 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote: What exactly is the "buildbot beta" anyhow? I have 0.9.8 and the only beta I found was 0.9.7 and since I have a quad-core processor I could make use of some of the new features that are in the beta.

What the hell are you talking about?
(09-15-2011, 08:36 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote: What exactly is the "buildbot beta" anyhow? I have 0.9.8 and the only beta I found was 0.9.7 and since I have a quad-core processor I could make use of some of the new features that are in the beta.

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Those are SVN builds of the PCSX2 project as it is worked on.

The latest "stable" release of 0.9.8 (r4600) is bound to lack features and changes the devs make as they go along, but bare in mind that SVN revisions may consist of bugs and glitches like any "work-in-progress" could be expected to have.
there are even some games which are faster on old 0.9.2 or 0.9.5 beta's compared to the latest buildbot releases, but they're mostly hacky and unstable as hell.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

Well, I tried some more games, I don't think they're all "heavy games" . But I had more problems kept me from playing them
Arc The Lad: Twilight of The Spirits
Valkyrie Profile 2
Ace Combat 5
FFX-2

They all have low fps or serious graphical issues. Well, I have to tell you guys %60 of the games I tried have serious problems, I can't play any of them. I thought my hardware was enough.

EDIT: If these problems are fixable by the devs trough the time I'm actually okay, but we won't have to wait 10 years so we can emulate this games with monster hardwares, right?
Arc the lad, VP2 and FFX-2 are fully playable, I actually finished FFX-2 in much lesser hardware a couple years ago, it has a couple problems in the FMVs but nothing serious and definitely not game stopping.

So... anyway what serious problems are you refering to?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Arc The Lad - Some Texture Problems, 3d models don't have colours, they're just grey.
Yes FFX-2 has FMV problems can't watch the videos and fps drops to 40-45
Valkryie Profile- 40 fps
Digital Devil Saga 1-2 - Major Slowdowns (in some areas fps drops to 38, in some areas it's full)
Wild Arms - Major Slowdowns (After the first cutscene fps drops to 20)
And in some games, there's a visual problem, there are some thick black lines on the pcsx2.
I've also tried these games with full speed-hacks, doesn't affect the situation at all.