What FPS will i get on ......
i want to update my current rig a

XP SP3
DX9
AMD 3000 2.1
1GB RAM
NVIDIA 7300GS 512MB

i currently get 20-30 fps on most games but want to improve my speeds to pver 35fps.

If i increase my system to this how much more fps will i get.

VISTA ULTIMATE
DX 10
AMD 3000 2.1
2.5GB RAM
ATI HD 2600 512MB - Memory Clock Speed 1000MHz , Core Clock Speed 600MHz, Memory Interface 128-bit

Sponsored links

Probably you lose FPS by using Vista. Graphic's is not so important here, and you upgrade is not big. Memory upgrade is useless.
OK THEN BUT WILL I GET A PCSX2 INCREASE OR DECREAS. ALSO FOR GAMING IN GENERAL WILL THIER BE A DIFFERENCE
Really, you'll probably get vary little increase, if not at all.

Your processor is the main thing to upgrade, so I'd suggest finding a good Intel processor if you want good results.

Granted, you could go with a higher AMD card, or a X4, they're just weaker in general. If I had the money I'd get Intel, but I'm stuck with a AMD X2 Dualcore 5200+ here.

In fact, your graphics card is equal to what I have now, and I can run FFX at moderate speeds (Full at most battles, averages 45 in some scenes) and KH at near best speed. You could probably run Disega or other 2-D games - Probably.

Try using 0.9.5, the latest GSdx version, and upgrade your processor to something quite a bit stronger.

So the answer is, without changing your processor: Still Very little.

This is my theory, anyway.
Vista is a good choice if you have a card that fully supports DirectX 10, but I don't have any experience with either the 7300GS or the HD 2600 and can't comment on their relative performance.

That processor isn't doing you any favors, either.

There may be an performance boost, check benchmarks of the two video cards and compare. But it won't be the kind of improvement I think you're hoping for.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(01-02-2009, 08:31 PM)blitzkid Wrote: i want to update my current rig a

XP SP3
DX9
AMD 3000 2.1
1GB RAM
NVIDIA 7300GS 512MB

i currently get 20-30 fps on most games but want to improve my speeds to pver 35fps.

If i increase my system to this how much more fps will i get.

VISTA ULTIMATE
DX 10
AMD 3000 2.1
2.5GB RAM
ATI HD 2600 512MB - Memory Clock Speed 1000MHz , Core Clock Speed 600MHz, Memory Interface 128-bit

If you're gunning for just a 5fps'ish increase, you'll be disappointed. Unless you're very keen in your senses, you probably can't tell the difference from 30fps. RAM increase will not help you (unless you do switch to Vista, even then, you should gun for at least 3 if you're getting Ultimate).

Replacing your CPU and GPU should take top priority if you're upgrading solely for PCSX2. Especially the CPU.
Upgrading to Vista won't help u unless u have a DirectX10 card. Your card is only DirectX9.

Also, the AMD 3000 is a single-core CPU the last time I checked.. You need at least a DUAL-core to run pcsx2 at good speed.

Once u get a new dual CPU & DX10 video card, THEN you can upgrade to Vista and enjoy PCSX2 at full speed lol
[Image: a0iic2.png]
Vista Home Premium 64-bit | E8500 @4.2GHz (526x8) ~1.30V
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | 4Gb 1066mhz Corsair XMS2
Radeon HD 4850 OC 10% | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC
Antec Nine Hundred | Antec Earthwatts 500w