What PCSX2 should I download?
Hello, I'm pretty new here, basically I have 2 questions regarding the program:

1. Which program should I download? The recommended stable version OR the latest in-development builds? (I ask this because in Dolphin's case it is the latter).

2. What configurations should I make in the program so it is best suited for my machine?

My machine specs are:
-8GB RAM
-3.50 Ghz Processor Ryzen 3 1300
-GTX GeForce 1050 Ti
-Windows 10
-1920 x 1080

Thanks in Advance!

Sponsored links

I'd recommend getting the latest development build, we have done a lot of work since 1.4.0 and it is pretty stable Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-19-2018, 07:37 PM)refraction Wrote: I'd recommend getting the latest development build, we have done a lot of work since 1.4.0 and it is pretty stable Smile

Thank you, I downloaded the latest dev build and worked around the settings.

But, I tried MegamanX7 to test it out and honestly it looks like garbage, the graphics were not aligned, dialogue in scenes flickered, can't even set it in full screen. Is there a workaround?
(07-20-2018, 12:14 AM)Camplord Wrote: Thank you, I downloaded the latest dev build and worked around the settings.

But, I tried MegamanX7 to test it out and honestly it looks like garbage, the graphics were not aligned, dialogue in scenes flickered, can't even set it in full screen. Is there a workaround?

what gsdx settings are you using?
(07-20-2018, 04:26 AM)weirdbeardgame Wrote: what gsdx settings are you using?
I have attached a couple images with my settings. Note that previously I had selected Direct9 but it graphics were even worse so I switched to Direct11.

Again, thanks for any future help given.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-20-2018, 09:41 PM)Camplord Wrote: I have attached a couple images with my settings. Note that previously I had selected Direct9 but it graphics were even worse so I switched to Direct11.

Again, thanks for any future help given
Out of sheer curiosity why did directx 9 even seem like a good idea to you? 
anyway use OpenGL HW and give it a try.
have you tried OpenGL. The OpenGL backend is more up to date with fixes (directX10\11 only gets some backported occasionally). Your Nvidia card also is not subject to the same performance loss that AMD cards are on OpenGL. So unless a game is broken in OpenGL I would use that backend first.
(07-20-2018, 09:56 PM)weirdbeardgame Wrote: Out of sheer curiosity why did directx 9 even seem like a good idea to you? 
anyway use OpenGL HW and give it a try.

(07-20-2018, 10:00 PM)TkSilver Wrote: have you tried OpenGL.  The OpenGL backend is more up to date with fixes (directX10\11 only gets some backported occasionally).  Your Nvidia card also is not subject to the same performance loss that AMD cards are on OpenGL.  So unless a game is broken in OpenGL I would use that backend first.

I tried it, and some widescreen patches, looks so much better now, thanks for the recommendation. There's still flickering in the dialogue text in FMVs but I guess I can live with that for now(?)

Oh and the Direct9 thing? I believe it had that by default.