What about a better iso selector menu ?
Are there any plans about either a reworked UI (which I doubt) or a least a better iso selection menu ? I think it'd help make the emu more "user friendly".

Sponsored links

I might actually attempt to improve it a bit over the weekend or something.
Can you give me some suggestions?
Need a Plugin? - Just ask!
(01-30-2015, 12:02 AM)MurkySquad Wrote: I might actually attempt to improve it a bit over the weekend or something.

Well, you could go as far as redesigning the interface the Dolphin way, which IMO is pretty much perfect but that'd probably be quite some work, or at the very least make it easier to clean up the list.

Middle grounds would be having the emu scan a folder and automatically display found games, with the only interaction being selecting the desired one ?
if you want a better iso selector you could use this
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2Bonu...r-frontend
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-30-2015, 12:08 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: if you want a better iso selector you could use this
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2Bonu...r-frontend

Heh, looks great actually.
As for being what I want, I'm not using PCSX2 enough myself to go as far as saying I want it Tongue2 , I'm just throwing ideas here, to improve what I think needs to be (and it's just me, I'm not trying to make it sound like it's the way it has to be).

Frontends are cool and all, but they're not the emu, I mean, personnally, I like to use the emu itself, not something that I have to pick up elsewhere which adds up to the clutter of stuff I already have.
(01-30-2015, 12:06 AM)Raziel Wrote: Well, you could go as far as redesigning the interface the Dolphin way, which IMO is pretty much perfect but that'd probably be quite some work, or at the very least make it easier to clean up the list.

Middle grounds would be having the emu scan a folder and automatically display found games, with the only interaction being selecting the desired one ?

I'm going to scrap up something in an image editing program, tell me what you think when it's done Smile - Give me about 2-3 hours.
Need a Plugin? - Just ask!
(01-30-2015, 12:20 AM)MurkySquad Wrote: I'm going to scrap up something in an image editing program, tell me what you think when it's done Smile - Give me about 2-3 hours.

I'll be sleeping Tongue2 Take your time Laugh
(01-30-2015, 12:02 AM)MurkySquad Wrote: I might actually attempt to improve it a bit over the weekend or something.

Please contact the developers before doing that, we don't need any more plugins to be made just to be left out of the main build for dumb reasons.
He is just using an image editing program to show how it looks, he never specified that he will create it now.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Interested here.
The iso selector is painfully easy to figure out but we can always improve Smile

Edit:
PCSX2Bonus is great but it relies on protected artwork and just including it in PCSX2 is
not good until we can find a solution to that.
Game isos can be scanned for their Sony catalog number and that would tell us what
game and region it is but nothing more.
No images or sound (unlike Gamecube / Wii disks, which contain their own artwork).