What about the "vtlb" versions?
Just wondering i have pcsx2 vtlb rev 956,i think the latest to come out,but i just thinking that vtlb its a lot faster than the actual emulation,and im asking why this revs stop.

Sponsored links

you completely missed the sticky a few posts up then? http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

fyi, we only do VTLB builds now, TLB and VM builds are a thing of the past
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

The only thing that changed was the name of the file. Some of the 3rd party builders/packagers for pcsx2 were still using the vtlb moniker on the filenames, which is a throwback to the Pcsx2-playground days. Back then we had side-by-side builds of vm (using ix86 virtual memory) and vtlb (virtual translation look-aside buffer). VM was usually a wee bit faster, but had tons of technical problems, compatibility issues, and debugging pitfalls.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(06-01-2009, 02:03 PM)refraction Wrote: you completely missed the sticky a few posts up then? http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

fyi, we only do VTLB builds now, TLB and VM builds are a thing of the past

Sorry about that,beacuse i have that version and its faster that the normal revs Blink
no problem Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

maybe if i post the rev here or pm air and i send it to you,you could see what im talking aboutHappy
Speed changes a lot between revisions, and your version still has the old cycle counts for some often used stuff, making it appear faster.
(06-02-2009, 03:58 PM)rama Wrote: Speed changes a lot between revisions, and your version still has the old cycle counts for some often used stuff, making it appear faster.

Nah you think so?,im aware than newer its not always better but in this case...Huh
Older isn't better in this case. You can get the old behavior back by enabling the x2 sync hack Tongue2
(06-02-2009, 09:24 PM)rama Wrote: Older isn't better in this case. You can get the old behavior back by enabling the x2 sync hack Tongue2

Ok got it,should be closedNinja