What actually is a good computer?
(01-12-2020, 04:14 PM)vsub Wrote: The github\buildbot versions are portable versions.You can run them from anywhere and you can keep 1.4.0 installed if you want

1.4.0 settings and memory cards are kept in Documents\PCSX2 while the github version store them in the same directory as the pcsx2.exe
It is recommended to not place the portable version in Program Files,extract it to any non windows partition and run it.The wizard will ask you to point where the bios is
If it is not in the same folder as the pcsx2.exe(in bios folder),you will either have to move it there or  uncheck the option "Use default settings" so you can specify the folder where the bios is
Any non windows partition? I don't know what this means. I only have one hard drive and everything, including windows, is on it. I did however not install pcsx2 Program Files. Instead I just saved it to my desktop so I could get to it easier.

But holy cow man, this 1.5.0 version did the trick. Mercs 2 is running great! I'm thrilled about it. I can't wait to test those other games I couldn't run earlier... I owe you man. Cant thank you enough for your patience.

Sponsored links

By "non windows partition" I mean something like drive C windows partition and drive D,other things
If you have only one partition in "My Computer",you are kinda asking for problems if something happens with the windows installation and you need to reinstall windows

And yes,as I said 1.5.0 is MUCH more improved version than 1.4.0
1.4.0 is 4 years old and all of the improvement done on pcsx2 is in the latest beta
(01-12-2020, 04:59 PM)vsub Wrote: By "non windows partition" I mean something like drive C windows partition and drive D,other things
If you have only one partition in "My Computer",you are kinda asking for problems if something happens with the windows installation and you need to reinstall windows

And yes,as I said 1.5.0 is MUCH more improved version than 1.4.0
1.4.0 is 4 years old and all of the improvement done on pcsx2 is in the latest beta
Hell yes its better. And I think my hard drive was partitioned at one point, but it got erased when I formatted it and I never figured out how to put it back. Its not a 'major' concern of mine because I have my most valuable stuff backed up on a drive and locked in my safe.

This is a shot in the dark because Im not sure how familiar you are with ps3 controllers here, but I am trying to use scptoolkit and I am having a LOT of trouble downloading it. This seems like a reputable/easy to use software but it will not for the life of me download. Every time it loads to about 6 or 7mb/28 and then freezes and the download time gets so high it just expires. Every time. I tried download other things and they go through ok.

The only other thing I tried was that Scarlet Productions ps3 mod from this site, but I couldn't get it to work. And some of the links to the xbox360 controllers were broken anyway. Any suggestion for PS3 controllers?
Someone else here have to answer that.
I don't use PS3 controller,mine looks like a PS3 controller but it's not and it works fine without any extra software

I can download the program just fine here
https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/r....238.16010
No download managers,just firefox
(01-12-2020, 05:36 PM)vsub Wrote: Someone else here have to answer that.
I don't use PS3 controller,mine looks like a PS3 controller but it's not and it works fine without any extra software

I can download the program just fine here
https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/r....238.16010
No download managers,just firefox
Yeah thats the one I was trying to download. I even installed firefox instead of chrome and the tab just flashes blue and.... nothing. Doesn't save to my downloads, or my desktop when I tell it to. Wont do anything.
Try this
http://www.filedropper.com/scptoolkitsetup
(01-12-2020, 05:57 PM)vsub Wrote: Try this
http://www.filedropper.com/scptoolkitsetup

I'm sorry, I was able to fix the download. I unplugged and reset my modem and restarted my computer. And then the file downloaded right away. Its as tired as I am. 1 day and 12 cups of coffee later