What am I doing wrong?
I'm trying to play Final Fantasy XII International, and the other day I swear it worked perfectly and the image was fine. But I had some computer problems and had to reformat, and since I've redownloaded PCSX2 I'm completely lost. I've tried to follow the configuration guide but I'm just confused because there are approximately 20 graphics plugins to choose from and I don't understand which is best and why no matter which one I choose, I get this ugly blurryness:

http://i.imgur.com/jHcqrgT.jpg

My laptop is fine, I think. GTX 660 with an i7 processor. Actually, I know it's fine because I was playing this game not too long ago with no problems lol. Can someone help me with which plugin to choose, and how to configure it so that it no longer looks like a blurry hot mess? :/

Sponsored links

You probably used a higher internal resolution that time and now your using the native resolution. Use one of the direct3d renderers on gsdx and set the resolution to x2 or x3. You can even put it in your own custom resolution. Play around and see which one looks best without killing you framerate.

I'm using gsdx 5580 with SSE4. You have an i7 so it should be compatible. Always try to use the SSE4 plugins since they benefit greatly from Intel cpu's. I think only Intel cpu's can use them anyway, not too sure. It gives a major speed boost.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
Okay, I think that's what the problem was (I figured it out a few minutes before you posted). I changed it to a custom resolution and it's much better now. Thanks!
(03-26-2013, 09:52 PM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: You probably used a higher internal resolution that time and now your using the native resolution. Use one of the direct3d renderers on gsdx and set the resolution to x2 or x3. You can even put it in your own custom resolution. Play around and see which one looks best without killing you framerate.

I'm using gsdx 5580 with SSE4. You have an i7 so it should be compatible. Always try to use the SSE4 plugins since they benefit greatly from Intel cpu's. I think only Intel cpu's can use them anyway, not too sure. It gives a major speed boost.

Latest AMD CPUS (Bulldozer, Piledriver and Trinity) are all compatible with SSSE3, SSE4 and AVX, anyway also i7 Sandy Bridge (2xxx) and Ivy Bridge (3xxx) are compatible with the AVX plugin, which should be faster than the SSE4.1
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900
Everyone is somewhat right and somewhat wrong. It's correct all new generation CPUs support all those modes. Still they can't do any good if their instructions are not used, in this particular case, at least in the current GSDX plugin, the new instructions from AVX are used only in the software mode. So, using AVX or SSE4.1 in hardware mode makes no difference at all.
Edit: Still, there is a versioning restriction which prevent CPUs not supporting AVX to use the plugin, even if no AVX function is actually used.

On the other hand, SSE4.1 has some instructions which do directly what may need more than one instruction from SSE2, so there is some gain, but again, that is highly depending on how many times these instructions are called (caused by the game's code). Then a gain exist, but is not a groundbreaking gain and may be a very small gain actually in many cases.
Imagination is where we are truly real