What are current "best practices" for multi-game configuration management?
Hey folks, I've been digging around today looking for different ways to more easily swap configurations between the various games I'm playing. Now that I'm going through my PS2 library again on a grand scheme to play them all at least one last time, the constant re-tolling between games is getting tedious.

I noticed a few different tools and frontends, but they mostly seem abandoned. To those of you with an up to date install of PCSX2, what do you find to be the easiest to use for managing your configurations? I'd prefer a tool to just auto-load, but I accept that that might now be possible. Even if it's just manual tuning, how do you do it on the fly?

Sponsored links

Right-click the PCSX2 exe, click create shortcut, then go to the shortcut, rename it to the game you want to play, say Gran Turismo 4, then right-click to properties, go to the target box, and after ...\pcsx2.exe" add --cfgpath=inis\GranTurismo4

This will create a folder named GranTurismo4 in the PCSX2\inis folder where it can store the settings for just that game. Copy the shortcut and change the foldername for other games you'd like to play.
(08-16-2016, 11:30 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Right-click the PCSX2 exe, click create shortcut, then go to the shortcut, rename it to the game you want to play, say Gran Turismo 4, then right-click to properties, go to the target box, and after ...\pcsx2.exe" add --cfgpath=inis\GranTurismo4

This will create a folder named GranTurismo4 in the PCSX2\inis folder where it can store the settings for just that game. Copy the shortcut and change the foldername for other games you'd like to play.

Ah nice! I'll give that a shot.
PCSX2Bonus may be an old frontend, but it has all the features you want and looks quite nice and is very easy to use. Custom configurations per game are also handled really well, it uses your current PCSX2 configuration as a base and you can configure off of that, which is genius, because most games don't "need" to be tinkered with most of the time.
(08-17-2016, 06:33 PM)Arcadius Wrote: PCSX2Bonus may be an old frontend, but it has all the features you want and looks quite nice and is very easy to use. Custom configurations per game are also handled really well, it uses your current PCSX2 configuration as a base and you can configure off of that, which is genius, because most games don't "need" to be tinkered with most of the time.

Thanks for the tip!

I went ahead and used Flatout's suggestion above, as it actually ends up working out best for my needs - that is, adding the games as individual launchers in Steam. This lets me set Steam Controller profiles for them as well.