What are the best audio (SPU2-X) settings for QUALITY
yeah 
which ones if you have the hardware to push it?
right now im running onboard audio , however my graphics card is capable off hardware audio in asynchronous compute (can run in parallel with graphics,post processing without having to context switch on the cpu, therefore reducing cycles), allthough the only games that i know off that use the TRUEAUDIO asic on radeon graphics cards are all Sony first party PS4 exclusives and a few pc games here n there

im running Windows Sonic for headphones (dolby atmos sounds amazing but my trial ran out)

right now the audio sounds pretty good on these settings but are these the best for quality? or are there even better plugins available?

does pcsx2 utilise any hardware audio deciding things or is the audio all decoded on the cpu?
these r my settings
i was reading on some old thread some guy said use the async mix
is there a detailed description off every setting in the audio thing anywhere?
same goes for graphics settings too?

if i put my audio latency right down to its lowest setting are there any penalties for this aside from needing more power?
[Image: mdYIYxo.png]

Sponsored links

Audio is decoded on the CPU, PCSX2 doesn't utilize any proprietary software/hardware found on vendor-exclusive GPUs/CPUs.

Catmull Rom is the best for mixing so just leave that. As long as audio is working, it's fine with the default settings. However, if you don't like hearing audio get distorted with the framerate, you can turn off the Timestretch synchronizing mode.
(01-21-2018, 10:56 PM)CK1 Wrote: Audio is decoded on the CPU, PCSX2 doesn't utilize any proprietary software/hardware found on vendor-exclusive GPUs/CPUs.

Catmull Rom is the best for mixing so just leave that. As long as audio is working, it's fine with the default settings. However, if you don't like hearing audio get distorted with the framerate, you can turn off the Timestretch synchronizing mode.

Yeah u guys do use vendor specific instruction sets..

AVX/SSE are intel 

So iv been reading allot about how pcsx2 is more focused towards a vulkan update amd not d3dx12...

A vulkan patch should increase performance big time on this right. . As iv been reading that everything is single threaded here...e.c.t

Also the trueaudio asic is just a plugin and open sorce? Would it be relavently easy to pop in?.. thats a big load taken off the cpu and nvidia graphics cards (pascall&volta) also support audio decoding on the gpu... so its a win win situation
Quote:AVX/SSE are intel
supported by AMD too
Quote:Also the trueaudio asic is just a plugin and open sorce? Would it be relavently easy to pop in?.. thats a big load taken off the cpu and nvidia graphics cards (pascall&volta) also support audio decoding on the gpu... so its a win win situation
provided the low load audio processing takes on the CPU, it would be a big pain for little gain.
But if you're in to code it, then why not ? Smile
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-23-2018, 12:55 PM)jesalvein Wrote: supported by AMD too
provided the low load audio processing takes on the CPU, it would be a big pain for little gain.
But if you're in to code it, then why not ? Smile

I would love to code it,but i have no idea where to start

Also btw now is the best time to annoy radeom about the opengl stuff
People went complete ape schit yesterday on their official amd reddit about their opengl stuff and some spoke about pcsx2...

Theyalso have a new boss too... since yesterday