What are the best settings To use PCSX2 in higher res and full FPS for my PC?
PCSX2 is much more like an old school emulator then some of the other ones. A lot of games need little changes here and there to work (rounding modes, various gsdx setting tweeks for graphical issues, and others). So there really is no perfect set it and forget it type setting. For example in the graphics settings there is the "wild arms offset" which fixes issues that come up when you upscale Wild Arms games (and some other ones too).

Sponsored links

(07-03-2018, 03:28 PM)scythefwd Wrote: boco - I ran a slightly inferior system to yours (still do actually).  Your card should handle 4x quite happily, and your proc has a stp of roughly 2100.. you should be able to play the majority of games without issue at 60 fps.  There are exceptions, and some games require tweaks here and there.. so there really isn't a best settings.

As jesalvein (dear lawd jes - I just tried to pronounce that in my head and think I sprained something lol) pointed out .. 1080 will sit between 3x and 4x.  Your card, being slightly more beefy than my 750 will handle it no problem.  Your 3770k at 3.5 ghz is slightly beefier than my 3770 at 3.4 ghz, so again it should handle most games better than mine.

I can state uneqivically that my system in my sig has a stp of under 2100 (my 3770 is just over, the one below resides at roughly 2050 due to the all core clock... which is a hair less than the turbo or whatever amd calls it on one core... SO in single threaded applications I perform slightly worse but much better in multithreaded applications) will play final fantasy x at 60 fps in two different instances (due to core count.. your 3770 is actually capable of it too.. you have 8 available threads, pcsx2 only uses 3), and yes, there are pics of it happening.

EDIT - passmarks published scores for your 3770k are 2084.. but to be brutally honest, I've never seen on below 2100 (I have a very limited sample size.. so take with a mountain of salt)

Thanks for checking all this. I’ll try 4x instead of 3x tonight and see how that goes. I’m not super technical on these things but I had no idea you could run games at a higher frame rate on this emulator than their original frame rate. Especially on a pc like mine that isn’t super modern. How exactly are you achieving 60fps on FFX? Every game I’ve ran so far has ran really well with full FPS of the original game (so 30fps or 60fps) at the original frame rate of the game but just in higher res.

Tbh this emulator is fantastic. Especially compared to others. I’ve hardly had to change any settings and tweak it to make it look better all I’ve done is x3 native resolution and it looks better in HD and I didn’t faff around for hours trying to get it to look better. It fills the whole screen too. The epsxe emulator for ps1 has weird native resolutions and it’s hard to fillI wish all emulators were this simple lol. The DS emulator I’m using cant even run x3 res without slowdowns yet its a lot less powerful than a Ps2 lol. 

I’m playing this emulator streaming to downstairs from upstairs using Gamestream on my Nvidia Shield TV device. All wired using Ethernet. There is little to no lag and the picture quality I really cannot tell it’s streaming and I normally notice it on these kinds of things. It’s great. Especially for JRPGs. Connected with a Bluetooth ps4 controller to shield tv (the range of controller doesn’t work from upstairs pc hence the streaming alternative) and it works great

I know people frown on streaming due to lag and quality but honestly this is the best way for me in regards to playing a high end emulator like this on a 4k 65” Samsung downstairs versus a crappy old 21” screen upstairs.
(07-04-2018, 01:56 PM)boco77 Wrote: How exactly are you achieving 60fps on FFX? Every game I’ve ran so far has ran really well with full FPS of the original game (so 30fps or 60fps) at the original frame rate of the game but just in higher res.
You mean real 60fps ?
you need to patch the game to double frame rendering.
check here : https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-60-fps-codes

be careful, though. it'll make your game twice more demanding fro your CPU as it already is
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-04-2018, 02:02 PM)jesalvein Wrote: You mean real 60fps ?
you need to patch the game to double frame rendering.
check here : https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-60-fps-codes

be careful, though. it'll make your game twice more demanding fro your CPU as it already is

Probably ain’t worth it then. I’m happy with the current results. Although I wish there was a way to exit a game  and select another with a controller instead of reaching for my wireless keyboard to press escape and use the mouse to play a different game.

Is there a way to do this?
Would something like this touchpad on this mini keyboard work as a mouse to select? Would be a lot easier to manage than a normal size wireless keyboard on the couch lol
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B016A6NSL0
You can use a mini keyboard and I even use a Rii mini keyboard to manage a my emulation PC. Just a small warning though.

With PCSX2 depending on the game you are switching from and then to you might have to make a bunch of little changes to various graphical (and sometimes general emulator) settings between games. There some frontends that help mitigate this a little if you want to go that route. Some might even allow for controller use in selecting games, but it will depnd on the front end.
(07-04-2018, 05:32 PM)TkSilver Wrote: You can use a mini keyboard and I even use a Rii mini keyboard to manage a my emulation PC.  Just a small warning though.

With PCSX2 depending on the game you are switching from and then to you might have to make a bunch of little changes to various graphical (and sometimes general emulator) settings between games.  There some frontends that help mitigate this a little if you want to go that route.  Some might even allow for controller use in selecting games, but it will depnd on the front end.

Is it worth using antiscopic filtering?
I have it set to 0 at the momrnt with a res of x4 seems to run stuff well.

Btw with Klonoa 2 why is there black boxes around enemies and character?

Also the Baldur gate games run very very slow with choppy sound no matter wha res I set it to.
for Baulders gate I think you need fast texture invalidation and 8bit textures enabled since it is a snowblind engine game.

I don't own Klonoa 2 but the Wiki page looks like you have to change quite a few things to fix issues
https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Klonoa_2:_Lunatea%27s_Veil
What about Valkyrie Profile 2 and the forest render bug? Is the only solution to play it in software mode? And does this bug happen at any other point in the game?

Also with Wild Arms 4 my controller movement keeps going to the right as if I’m holding the stick to the right constantly lol. I can’t even start the game past the title screen because of this.
(07-04-2018, 08:23 PM)boco77 Wrote: Is it worth using antiscopic filtering?
I have it set to 0 at the momrnt with a res of x4 seems to run stuff well.

Btw with Klonoa 2 why is there black boxes around enemies and character?

Also the Baldur gate games run very very slow with choppy sound no matter wha res I set it to.

Klonoa 2 is broken in pcsx2 you will at some point or another face a game ending issue.