What are the best settings To use PCSX2 in higher res and full FPS for my PC?
I want to play games with higher resolution and/or better aliasing but keep the full FPS within the game and not have it drop as well as the sound being fine too. I will be using a PS4 controller
with it via gamestream from pc upstairs to my nvidia sheild tv. Streaming works great like this for me with little to no lag.

these are the specs, it’s not too modern got it in 2012 but should be able to play games well. Also I have no idea why the font for these specs below messed up when I coooed and pasted on my iPhone lol.

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770K (3.5GHz) 8MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT: PCI-E 3.0 READY,WIFI, SLI, X-FIRE

Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P(4 x 4GB KIT

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Sponsored links

which game (s) do you own ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-03-2018, 09:54 AM)I jesalvein Wrote: which game (s) do you own ?

I own mostly JRPGs
which one(s) ?
(07-03-2018, 01:36 PM)jesalvein Wrote: which one(s) ?

Shadow Hearts
Grandia games
Valkyrie Profile 2
Suikoden games

Onimusha series
Wild Arms series
Dragon Quest V

All the Square Enix games

Basically all of them lol
square enix will run at 1080p just fine with that proc.. ffxii will be your biggest difficulty and I dont remember any frame drops with mine (I have a 3770 non k for mine). Cant speak to the rest, but your processor is a SOLID performer, and if you upgrade cooling over stock, you can get a healthy overclock on it without too much effort..

I cant speak for the 670.. Though gpuboss says it'll trounce my gtx 750 superclock. It should have pretty good open gl support too... though its dated meaning it may not support everything.. I dont think pcsx2 is doing anything insane with the absolutely newest opengl specs.. gregory can speak to that much better than I can.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
well, nice collection.
I asked it because there's a big difference between a game like disgaea and VP2. (VP2 can be insanely demanding)

Mostly, use OGL renderer and set internal res to 3x native (sometimes 4x may be fine)
you'll get full fps in most games most of the time with default settings.

Don't use speedhacks unless you get slowdowns even in native.
Then, it depends on each game, you may have to adjust some settings. but most of the time, default are fine
I don’t really want to run everything max, just better res at 1080p minimum and any other bells and whistles my spec can manage without performance drops.

I don’t really know what 1080p is though on the emulator as it just says 2x, 3x, 4x etc for the res options?
(07-03-2018, 02:03 PM)boco77 Wrote: I don’t really want to run everything max, just better res at 1080p minimum and any other bells and whistles my spec can manage without performance drops.

I don’t really know what 1080p is though on the emulator as it just says 2x, 3x, 4x etc for the res options?

it's between 3x and 4x
basically, most ps2 do have an internal res around 512*512
boco - I ran a slightly inferior system to yours (still do actually). Your card should handle 4x quite happily, and your proc has a stp of roughly 2100.. you should be able to play the majority of games without issue at 60 fps. There are exceptions, and some games require tweaks here and there.. so there really isn't a best settings.

As jesalvein (dear lawd jes - I just tried to pronounce that in my head and think I sprained something lol) pointed out .. 1080 will sit between 3x and 4x. Your card, being slightly more beefy than my 750 will handle it no problem. Your 3770k at 3.5 ghz is slightly beefier than my 3770 at 3.4 ghz, so again it should handle most games better than mine.

I can state uneqivically that my system in my sig has a stp of under 2100 (my 3770 is just over, the one below resides at roughly 2050 due to the all core clock... which is a hair less than the turbo or whatever amd calls it on one core... SO in single threaded applications I perform slightly worse but much better in multithreaded applications) will play final fantasy x at 60 fps in two different instances (due to core count.. your 3770 is actually capable of it too.. you have 8 available threads, pcsx2 only uses 3), and yes, there are pics of it happening.

EDIT - passmarks published scores for your 3770k are 2084.. but to be brutally honest, I've never seen on below 2100 (I have a very limited sample size.. so take with a mountain of salt)
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case