What can I do to run PCSX2 faster? Please help!
Hello together,                          

I´m playing mostly games like Call of Duty 2/3 or Need for Speed Carbon/Most Wanted.
There not running to 100% even when I use the speedhacks (EE cyclerate+VU cycle stealing). 
But with speedhacks it is not the same feeling because everything reacts a little slowlier.

My system: Ryzen 3 2200G + NVIDIA GT1030 + 8GB DDR4-2400

The graphic card is new and i thought with the card the games are running better...but not really! Only 10 or 15%!

Now the question is, is my Ryzen 3 2200G with only 4 Cores and 4 Threads the problem why PCSX2 is not running to 100% or is the graphic card to slow?

2nd question is, what can I do to increase the FPS without Speedhacks? Buying a better Ryzen CPU? Ryzen 5 2400G?

Do I need more threads to run it better? Which factor make it run better? Cores, Threads, Clock Rate, RAM, VRAM...

I am German, so can also answer in german language.

Sponsored links

What PCSX2 Revision are you at?
1.4.0 stable?
From those games I only have NFSMW and the game runs fine on my 6700HQ laptop which according to passmark is on the same level in single threaded performance.

The gpu is fine.
What are your settings(I only use the recommended speed hacks and mtvu)and what speed do you get on NFSMW(I even set the cpu speed on my cpu to not use turbo mode which leaves it running at 2.5ghz)

Are you playing from the disk or image
Call of Duty will not run great regardless but it will be a bit faster in Hardware mode.
What about OGL would that help him?
I use PCSX2 1.4. and only from image!

The games Call of Duty and NFSMW runs only with Software mode! in Hardware there red lines all over the display. Doesnßt matter which hardware mode.

My question is, can I expect more frames when I use a better processor like the Ryzen 5 2400G?
Or is the software PCSX2 the problem. Because my CPU doesn´t use 100% of his power. Only 65% in average.

I tried every setting on every plugin in every game...I have too much time...
(02-12-2019, 05:03 PM)lemmrijo Wrote: I use PCSX2 1.4. and only from image!
use latest GIT, then
Quote:The games Call of Duty and NFSMW runs only with Software mode! in Hardware there red lines all over the display. Doesnßt matter which hardware mode.
you need to enable hadware depth in gsdx settings (or update to latest GIT)
Quote:My question is, can I expect more frames when I use a better processor like the Ryzen 5 2400G?
not much more (1800 vs 1900 STR)
Quote:Or is the software PCSX2 the problem. Because my CPU doesn´t use 100% of his power. Only 65% in average.
because pcsx2 uses 3 cores max, your cpu doesn't look like it's fully used
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You mean PCSX2 1.5.?
Doesn´t run in hardware mode...so i can´t use hardware depth...
So I can answer the question myself...i am buying a PS3 and play this...

And you mean with GIT - idiot or not? That´s not nice. ;-)
(02-12-2019, 10:21 PM)lemmrijo Wrote: You mean PCSX2 1.5.?
Doesn´t run in hardware mode...so i can´t use hardware depth...
why doesn't it run in Hardware mode ?
care to share your emulog.txt ?
Quote:So I can answer the question myself...i am buying a PS3 and play this...
...or just keep playing on your PS2. I'm not sure it'll run on PS3
Quote:And you mean with GIT - idiot or not? That´s not nice. ;-)
what ??? no, I meant builds from github. dev builds
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go