What could run on this?
I hope this is the right section, but can you recommend me some ps2 games that would run on my system?

So far the only things that work are Kingdom of Hearts: Chains of memories, Fire pro Returns and my old FF 12 (10 is scratched to death so I can't test).

I've tried Crash Bandicoot (Cortex's Revenge), and 2 WWE Games - FPS drops to ~40.

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
RAM: 6GB
Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce GTS 250
Op. Sys.: Windows 7 64 Bit
PCSX2 version: 1.0
Settings: The ones from the official guide (no speedhack things)

Sponsored links

(12-16-2012, 02:54 PM)Chuubii Wrote: I hope this is the right section, but can you recommend me some ps2 games that would run on my system?

So far the only things that work are Kingdom of Hearts: Chains of memories, Fire pro Returns and my old FF 12 (10 is scratched to death so I can't test).

I've tried Crash Bandicoot (Cortex's Revenge), and 2 WWE Games - FPS drops to ~40.

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
RAM: 6GB
Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce GTS 250
Op. Sys.: Windows 7 64 Bit
PCSX2 version: 1.0
Settings: The ones from the official guide (no speedhack things)

Without speedhacks, not many games, I fear. The CPU is the weakest point there and may not run at full speed some games even with them. Those more "problematic" to trouble newer icores are helpless in this case.

Most games will accept EE clyclerate at 2 and VU cyclestealing at 3 without major problems, a few may present a kind of lag (which may be better than raw low FPS although not always) and for a few games speedhacks are poison.

Try them head up keeping in mind the less is better in this case. A compromise must be done there.

As for suggestion of titles... assuming you are planning to buy them and like RPGs, the Final Fantasy series are among the less demanding.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I tiried putting CR at 2 and CS to 3. Now the FPS is 90, but the game still lags. Maybe there are some low-spec games (like Kingdom of Hearts) that you could recommend?
(12-16-2012, 03:34 PM)Chuubii Wrote: I tiried putting CR at 2 and CS to 3. Now the FPS is 90, but the game still lags. Maybe there are some low-spec games (like Kingdom of Hearts) that you could recommend?

That's console emulation so it's tied with the TV standards, you should seek for 60FPS with NTSC games and 50FPS for PAL.

Since you get 90FPS that may mean you disabled the framelimiting or messed with the 100% base framerate adjust, Ativated the turbo or a combination of these...
Imagination is where we are truly real
Yeah, you DONNOT want to set VU stealing to high either !!!

You actually make it even wurse and the game will LAG even more doing so !!

My max VU is alway 1 and fortunately i get Full speed in certain demanding games like R&C / SoC Glare !

Have noticed that VU stealing is more important to me then EE !!
regardless of what EE cycle rate, it doesnt improve a thing in my case !!!
Whereas VU / 8-bit textures (GSdx setting) i DO gain überspeed *chortles* Laugh

My 1 penny contribution hun,

cherrypoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
Overclocking that cpu would be a nice idea if possible. You should manage about 3.2 or 3.4 out of that chip with a nice air cooler. That will give good speed boosts to your game, along with the MTVU speedhack (if you arent using it)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]