What do the EE% and GS% mean?
He could also have vsync on.
[Image: 774509.png]

Sponsored links

I just compared my previous speeds to my new speed 3010mhz vs 3120mhz.

I got about +3fps. Front Mission 4 hangar gets above 50fps now. Xenosaga III scene at the start when the 3 teleport in(this section slows down compared to right before the port in) I get almost 50fps. I get 58fps with the three recommended checkbox speedhacks.

Or in superpi I saved a little over 2 seconds down from 30.

The speed fluctuates slightly but it seems like it's about +5%. If the 940 really is ~30% better, clock for clock, then that would be perfect.

Now once my new processor gets here, I'll have to test it again and see if I can perfect speed without hacks on my slowest games. Should be able to or at least get very close.
Ok I got my new 940be in and running.

I tested the first real scene in xenosaga 3. Before the lowest point was 45fps. With this new cpu my lowest during that same scene is 58fps. It's about a 29% increase which is what it should be! No speedhacks enabled. Default settings.

Also, strangely, I played a bit further in and it seemed like changing the 8-bit texture setting caused a massive drop in fps to 0.2-3fps.
That option was made mostly for the xenosaga II/III games, it's not weird that it works like that Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Have you overclocked your shiny new Phenom II 940 Black Edition yet?
I think it can do at least 3.5 GHz on air, pretty easily, and safely, from what I've read. Cool
I also read that one of the most important things to get a stable overclock with that processor is to manually enter the correct memory timings in your BIOS before you start overclocking it.

Anywho, it would be interesting to see what a +500 MHz OC on that CPU would do for PCSX2. Ninja
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<
Well myself I do notice that my AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ is at it's end with PCSX2 lol. Since EE = 98 to 100%, though GS = between 10-17% with Persona 4 (Yay for my new 5770 ^^)

I was wondering a bit if any of u guys (Even if this isn't the right thread probably) Can give me some pointers for some nice settings, cause I get slowdowns in battles and in Junes (Terrace outside and in the classroom (the fps is between 28 to max. 41)) the rest is 58 - 62 fps. but probably it's my cpu that's the bottleneck, though I notice that the game isn't that heavy compaired to the Xenosaga series.

My pc specs are in my sig. And again if I'm not allowed to use this thread for it by all means can u kind people move it to the right thread if it's not too much to ask for.

Thanks in advance
I did a very conservative overclock in the interest of not upping the voltage and keeping heat down as much as possible. Also for stability. I will be upgrading to the gtx 460 soon too so that should see a smaller benefit in the few games that need it but I am usually getting full or 95% speed anyways in most games.
Getting the new video card will probably only let you get higher internal resolution, so if your cpu can't keep up in the first place or having bad setting, your speed will probably stay the same, for pcsx2 anyway. If you don't usually play pc game, I think 8800gt is quite good enough for lots of game.

For persona 4, there are tons of thread, so you are better off searching the forum and see what kind of spec one should expect in order to have it run at full speed constantly.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
that might be CKL, though every pc has their own tweaks/settings ofcourse. my 5770 does help quite a bit compaired to my x2600xt I had before this card Smile I did some tweaking myself and I almost got everywhere 58-62 fps. Besides Junes Food Court (Outside) and when the classroom is full ohh and at Central Shops North. And I dunno what is to come further in the game, I know that u never can get it to run flawlessly and thanks to the gamefix for Persona the games does run better only the slowdowns at the parts where there's much vocal and then yukiko, rise & chie sounding like a guy instead of a girl Tongue
Well that's the thing. I use 8800gt in sli which won't benefit pcsx2. I do play pc games too so that is one reason.

But in some cases(rare) I do see it being limited by gpu. The CPU seems to keep up fine. And it was on sale with free shipping and I was going to get it anyways lol.

I would like to get higher internal res too just to see it. Although I tried something like 2048x2048 and it just looked strange so I left it at the default. Is there any game that it actually makes it look much better?