What do the EE% and GS% mean?
Increasing internal res makes the image look more crisp, sharp and less blurry. Also, edges appear less jagged. If a higher internal res looks worse too you, something is not right. However I generally recommend using scaling 2x, 3x etc. instead of a custom resolution.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU

Sponsored links

Theoretically, it should make all games look like they have anti aliasing, more so as you pump up the internal resolution. However, big numbers often create a "ghosting" effect in some games (maybe the weird look you talked about?) making it look not very pretty. Bad thing is there's really no way to fix the ghosting effect besides lowering your internal resolution.
Yes I also experienced this, using custom internal res actually make the image looks blurry, even on very high res.

Using scaling, however, make it absolutely gorgeous so give it a try. From my experience monitoring old gs plugin resolution info, the maximum ps2 resolution was 512x448, so setting it at 4x is actually higher than 1080p (and will looks very good) but not many video card able to handle it.

However, if the game is pretty easy on gpu side it is recommended to have it even higher to get supersampling effect, depending on your monitor res.
I use myself the internal res of 1440 * 900 and it looks so much better also it runs faster then the internal native res of the ps2. but that's due to the fact that the newer cards run faster on higher resolutions then the older ones. With Persona 4 I now have atleast 4 area's where I get a slowdown towards 39 - 42 fps. the rest runs just normal Smile I really must recommend this game to everyone that haven't played it yet. I love this story & gameplay so much.
Only game where ghosting was really apparent that I remember was ffx-2.

I only tried higher resolutions briefly but it looked almost too sharp. It was just unnatural and not like the game I played on the ps2.

I had the same problem with the ps1 emulator. Setting certain filtering modes made it really sharp and crisp but it looked strange to me.
Well it's your game so do what you're comfortable with but my main reason in using pcsx2 is better graphic, if I can't get a game to run satisfyingly with the setting I want, I'll just play it in my PS2.
I think the only reason I don't use the ps2 is savestates. Maybe a little bit of convenience too.
Yup that was what the biggest advantage was with SNES9x ^^ saving whenever u wanted. Though I'm not a big fan of the playstation, though I have to say that the PS2 have one of the better JRPGs ^^ And since I'm a big Final Fantasy fan heh, only I own 3 FF games original. FF7, 8 & 13 Smile the others I played through a friend which loaned me his discs.