What do you prefer
The only reason I use my PS2 is to either play games which don't run on PCSX2 or to compare the images to see if something is off.

The convenience of not having to bother with discs is just too good to miss out.

Sponsored links

I have the ability to play on my PS2 via USB, have many original ps2 games that i made to a readable format for openps2loader, so this isbt a direct advantage of PCSX2, but if i had to choose i would go with PCSX2, yes theres some problems but most games work right, and with better resolution and other extras such as savestates and not being bound to ps2 devices, i can use an old psx controller for example.
With some games you can even get better performance/FPS then on the actual thing.

Only thing missing is the ability to play games that require eye toy and singstar games, my eyetoy i bought with eyetoy play works on windows as a webcam using some old logitech drivers, if that means something to developers here.
That and the ability to use DTS in Vice City to have the full glory vice city experience Tongue