What does Half-pixel Offset fix in God of War II?
I don't see any difference in God of War II when the Half-Pixel Offset is enabled or disabled. But when it's enabled, it causes some glitch in some scenes. What is the benefit of this hack?

Sponsored links

According to the PCSX2 Configuration Guide:

Quote:Half-pixel Offset: This hack adds an offset to all surfaces so that some common upscaling issues get reduced. Use this when blur or halo effects seem to appear shifted up-left of where they should be.

So basically it is supposed to help with with upscaling issues, or at least that is what I got from it.
In my experiance make things sharper and clear and fix some upscaling issues ............same in alpha but they dont fix any upscaling issue it also makes things sharper and clear....
Quote:So basically it is supposed to help with with upscaling issues, or at least that is what I got from it.
(06-01-2013, 07:16 AM)Yash the gamer Wrote: In my experiance make things sharper and clear and fix some upscaling issues ............same in alpha but they dont fix any upscaling issue it also makes things sharper and clear....

you just repeated the same thing they said
Okkkkk......bro my mistake sory
Considering its a hack there is a high probability that it will mess up some games so just turn it off for those games that have issues with the HACK. It is called a hack for a reason
(06-01-2013, 12:27 PM)Topken Wrote: Considering its a hack there is a high probability that it will mess up some games so just turn it off for those games that have issues with the HACK. It is called a hack for a reason

It can, but it doesn't mean it will. I use speedhacks so I can play certain games more smoothly, and normally I don't have problems. Then again I guess it depends on what the hack is and what game you're using it with.
Thanks for the information. But I don't see any difference. I'm playing this game at 3x resolution and I don't feel that the image is any sharper/clearer when this hack is enabled. On the contrary, it causes some glitch so I turned it off. Maybe it's because I'm using a new version of GSdx (5632).
and those speedhacks are known to cause problems with certain games scootaloo so yeah even the recommended MTVU has issues when trying to boot certain games
(06-01-2013, 10:50 PM)Topken Wrote: and those speedhacks are known to cause problems with certain games scootaloo so yeah even the recommended MTVU has issues when trying to boot certain games

I was just saying that speedhacks are useful despite its problems. I see a lot of people say/type "speedhacks are bad!!!", but from my experience they give me a good speed boost and seldom cause too much trouble.