What does "enable output merger blur effect" do?
The title sums up the question. I'm sure this option in GSDX is important for something, but I have no idea what it does.
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit

Sponsored links

This option enables a blur effect (that is supposed to be there) but in some games that just make them look less sharp and kinda ugly, here's an example with it disabled and enabled

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-12-2009, 02:13 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: This option enables a blur effect (that is supposed to be there) but in some games that just make them look less sharp and kinda ugly, here's an example with it disabled and enabled

Hey shadowlady just a question,this option can make fps drop?,or it doesnt make any difference?
Not a difference at least for me, should be just like interlacing or stretching in performance hit :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
and for some reason, i always got that bad interlacing whatever setup i do.*without that output merger blur effect*
(10-12-2009, 02:54 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Not a difference at least for me, should be just like interlacing or stretching in performance hit Tongue

And this effect is always present on the real ps2 ?,or its like a graphics power up Tongue.Ah btw you have an epic smile failure Tongue
So is there a concensus on this? If I have to just pick one - should I have it off or on for my 20+ games? Sounds like probably off....?? Any games known to look worse with it activated and maybe vice versa? Thanks!!
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit
Just try it yourself. It is clearly personal preference. If you like the game better with it off keep it off. If you like the game better with it on,keep it on. Yes it's that simple, no, other people don't have to always tell you what to do Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]