What gamepad to use?
Hi there

I've been using PCSX2 for a while now, and since been using my keyboard to play games. But it's proven very awkward for some games, so I'm going to buy a controller to use instead.

My first though was a original PS2/PS3/XBOX360 controller.

But I'm not sure which controller would give me the best experience. My main concern is rumble. I'm not even sure if a 360 controller would support rumble in PCSX2. Can anyone confirm if it can?

Also I'm open to other suggestions on which controller is the best to buy.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

The X360 one works fine with rumble and all, but a PS3 controller would also have real pressure support for the few games that use it. Then the X360 will work just fine out of the box (including for many PC games), while the PS3 controller will require some work (check THIS).
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Get a GIgaware wired PC controller. It's the only thing Gigaware product that doesn't break in a month.
(12-17-2012, 11:42 PM)KrossX Wrote: The X360 one works fine with rumble and all, but a PS3 controller would also have real pressure support for the few games that use it. Then the X360 will work just fine out of the box (including for many PC games), while the PS3 controller will require some work (check THIS).

Does the PS2 controller(+specific adapter?) support pressure recognition in PCSX2?

Thanks
Get a Logitech F710. It has lots of 5 star reviews on Amazon for a reason.

[Image: logitech_controllerrrr-540x350.png]

It's wireless, has great rumble, good battery life, has a layout akin to a PS2 controller, and supports both Dinput and Xinput.
The only drawback is that it's a bit expensive, about $50, but it's well worth it. You can also use it for general PC gaming.
I use it for PCSX2, ePSXe, Dolphin, and other games like Alan Wake, Alice: Madness Returns, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, and it's awesome.

I'm not sure why you'd want a wired controller, since I like to play my games on my bed/couch.
^ Yup, that would be the nice X360 option.

(12-17-2012, 11:51 PM)jaw2floor Wrote: Does the PS2 controller(+specific adapter?) support pressure recognition in PCSX2?

Thanks

I don't remember really. I think I've read that it might have been possible, with a good PS2 to PS3 adapter and from there to the PC.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Only get the 360 gamepad if you're not familiar with PlayStation games, because the bumpers and triggers are reversed on the PlayStation side. Else it will be a frustrating experience.

IMO, nothing beat a real DualShock 2, unless you want wireless.
I use the 360 controller and it's perfect.
X360 controller is excellent. However, the lack of pressure sensitive buttons can cause minor issues. For example: when playing Metal Gear Solid 2/3, it's almost impossible to lower your weapon once aimed, and you end up snapping necks instead of gently interrogating people.

I'm not familiar with the adapters and such used to run a PS2/PS3 controller on the PC. I'm also not sure which, if any, other controllers have pressure sensitive buttons.
[Image: 125125-logitech-rumblepad-2-2581.jpg]

this is the pad I use. (Mine's a little dusty though lol)