What games can't I run at 60 FPS with this CPU?
My CPU is definitely the weaker component of my rig so I was wondering what games I can't run.

I have an...
i5 4460 http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=...Hz&id=2230
GTX 970
16GB Ram
1 TB HDD

It looks like I wouldn't even be able to enjoy FFX-2 at 60fps according to this thread. My 4460 isn't on the list but I went by other CPUs at 3.2GHz. I want to look into some old PS2 games I missed out on but I'd like to know if I can run them at full speed before I buy any. x6 Native is a must. I was able to run GoW 2 at x6 native with only MTVU as the only speedhack enabled. It was smooth maybe 90% of the game. My FPS dropped a bit during certain parts of the game and I could see through the floor in specific areas as if that certain texture wasn't loading.

Is there a list somewhere that lists very demanding games I may want to avoid?

Sponsored links

which game(s) do you own ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I just have some easy (easy to run) fighting games like DBZ: Budokai 3 and the kingdom hearts games. As far as I can tell GoW2 and Burnout Revenge are the only ones that look demanding although I haven't tried Burnout since I don't have it on me right now. I'm interested in FFX, FFX2, FFXII, and Shadow of the Colossus. I don't remember where I saw this but I think somewhere on these forums I read that shadow of the colossus is pretty demanding. MGS2 also sounds tempting.

I no longer have GTA: SA or MGS 3 (I assume those are demanding) since I got the digital versions for PS3 so I'm not interested in picking those up again.
If you lower your graphics requirements a little,there are not much games that you should avoid.
4771 is not a hole lot different than 4460 in STP and from my games collection,I've seen only one or two games that go below 60fps while playing at 2x but your gpu is much more powerful.

From what I've seen in the forum,Shadow of the Colossus(you can use VU Stealing to get more speed)and Zone of Enders 2 are one of the most demanding games even at native
(08-11-2015, 11:53 AM)vsub Wrote: If you lower your graphics requirements a little,there are not much games that you should avoid.
4771 is not a hole lot different than 4460 in STP and from my games collection,I've seen only one or two games that go below 60fps while playing at 2x but your gpu is much more powerful.

From what I've seen in the forum,Shadow of the Colossus(you can use VU Stealing to get more speed)and Zone of Enders 2 are one of the most demanding games even at native

Hmmmm Shadow of the Colossus would probably be the only game I'd play at native because of its art style. I'd also prefer to stay away from that since VU Stealing at 1 or 2 caused some odd graphical glitches in GoW2 so I had to disable that. I can't remember the specific glitch since I took care of that a while ago and very early on in the game but I remember it really bothered me when I was climbing the inside of that giant statue.
Well not every game like it,it's a hack after all and the problems are more noticeable on anything above 1
The only game that requires VU stealing to achieve full speed is Shadow of the Colossus. GoW games easily run at full speed with OGL Hardware mode and even blending on high.
SOTC can get to 60 fps with the EE downcycle hack now as well I'm pretty sure