What happened to the latest PCSX2 releases?
It's a cross-platform GUI. It can work in tons of platforms with very minor changes (compared to how we used to do it).
Also Jake took the opportunity and coded the whole thing from the ground up,adding way better exception handling,more useful error messages and getting rid of many bugs.
Also it doesn't have limitations the old GUI had, thus there are tons of new stuff we could do with this that would not be possible with the old one
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Plus, in my opinion, it's prettier and more streamlined (options are bunched together more appropriately with options getting little bit better descriptions)
[Image: 2748844.png]
(08-27-2009, 10:13 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: What exactly is all the wxGUI/wxWidgets stuff supposed to do? I never quite figured it out reading the google code page. Is it going to be a way for you guys to maintain the code easier or something?

http://pcsx2.net/blog.php
Second entry (as of this posting). Explains the benefits of wx in detail.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(08-27-2009, 08:20 AM)Bositman Wrote: Yes damnit! Thankfully it only killed memcard 1 and not 2, plus I always have a backup (although it was 5 month old Sad )
better than nothing. I lost over 200 hours ofwork when my vista kernel died. I couldn't recover anything at all.
(08-27-2009, 02:08 PM)Air Wrote:
(08-27-2009, 10:13 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: What exactly is all the wxGUI/wxWidgets stuff supposed to do? I never quite figured it out reading the google code page. Is it going to be a way for you guys to maintain the code easier or something?

http://pcsx2.net/blog.php
Second entry (as of this posting). Explains the benefits of wx in detail.

Ah, thank you. A very nice improvement, to be sure!
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
*removed*

Builds?

Sorry about that shadow
Core 2 Duo 2.93 X6800
6xgigs DDR2 4-4-4-12
EVGA Geforce 260 216 core 896mb
WD 320 gig, Maxtor 300 gig
SB Audigy 2 Zs
Asus p5n-e
Vista 64bit Business
Unofficial builds arent allowed in the forums :o
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64