What if Game X was in 4K ?
i'm starting a new Video series where i bring PS2 Games and ports and show them upscaled to 4K or 1080p with max Graphic enhancements

i started with God of War 2.

Opinions Laugh

Sponsored links

(10-13-2014, 09:56 PM)Serial Hacker Wrote: i'm starting a new Video series where i bring PS2 Games and ports and show them upscaled to 4K or 1080p with max Graphic enhancements

i started with God of War 2.

Opinions Laugh

My opinion is that this is pointless since no matter what you do, all upscaling does is make the game look more crisp, it does not improve the quality of the textures or the models themselves. It's also prone to more graphical glitches when you upscale and if you are hoping to achieve 4K, i shall smack some sense into you because, personally, i think it's utterly useless. Just considering the horsepower required is enough to make my non-existent wallet cringe :/
(10-13-2014, 09:56 PM)Serial Hacker Wrote: Opinions Laugh

Hard to judge if one doesn't have a 4K monitor...

Actually I think it is always nice to have a splitscreen for quality comparison. Seeing that black screen fade-in/fade-out I forgot already what I have seen seconds before. Comparison between 1K and 4K is harder if you see them in a sequence...
comparing 1k/2k/4k or what is is moot and point less if you uploading to youtube or hell in alot videos as they all use terrible compression and dont even begin to compare to the actual feed.

actual 1k VS 2x VS 4k in an actual feed is very noticeable even without a proper monitor just not when it is a recording video
i will try to upload my next video without any encoding. lets see how it works
(10-14-2014, 03:02 AM)Serial Hacker Wrote: i will try to upload my next video without any encoding. lets see how it works

Hope you got nice bandwidth that a youtube will compress your video either way
(10-14-2014, 03:02 AM)Serial Hacker Wrote: i will try to upload my next video without any encoding. lets see how it works

YouTube always compresses/re-encodes it. You'd have to upload the raw video file to some other server (mediafire or sendspace or zippyshare) for us to download that instead. For most of these there's a limitation of 200MB max per upload, so you might have to put the file in multiple rar archives of 200MB each if the size exceeds this.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Someday people will be busy playing games once again instead playing numbers, or so I hope.
Imagination is where we are truly real