What is a Save State?
Excuse my bad English, I use a translator to write this.

What is really a save state? Is it a RAM dump?. What data contains a "save state"?.

Sponsored links

Yeah, pretty much savestates are memory dumps+some extra info compressed with zip to save space. You can rename the file to *.zip and open it with any program like 7zip, winrar or whatever you use to check in detail.
(07-22-2013, 03:02 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Yeah, pretty much savestates are memory dumps+some extra info compressed with zip to save space. You can rename the file to *.zip and open it with any program like 7zip, winrar or whatever you use to check in detail.
Thank you very much for responding.

For example: Is the memory "ee" is the "RAM" emulator?
What vu? What kind of memory is?.

You know if all RAM is stored in a Save satate? Or they just need a part of them?.
EE is the main PS2 processor, so EEMemory is the main ram dump.
[Image: 2748844.png]
EE is emotion engine basically a cpu equivalent in ps2 you can look at Wiki to have the general idea.

It's not "whole emulator ram" it's just what pcsx2 needs to resume the saved state of it, but that does include full ps2 memory dumps. And so yeah eeMemory is main ps2 memory if you check pcsx2 memory with any memory editor like for example Cheat Engine, you'll see that eeMemory as range from 20000000 to 21FFFFFF, that's pretty much what matters most since all game data, it's code etc will be there.
There's not much to say about the rest you can find what does what on that Wiki site I linked above. Files with "reqs" in their name store register values I guess. The ones named plugins store plugin data biggest being GS since it stores graphic data, followed by SPU2 which stores sound data etc., files named with pcsx2 are simply putting that all together and make sure you don't load a savestate between incompatible versions to avoid bugs and problems as they're often changed.
Thanks to all of that, save states generally are pretty useless to anything other than pcsx2 which it was made on, in some cases you might use eememory dump to load into ps2 dissassebler when creating some troublesome cheats which could need mips assembly, but even then most people just load game executable(elf file usually called by game code without actual extension;p) for dealing with that.