What is the best choice for me?
Hi. First post here but I'm not new to pcsx2. Great emulator, when you get used to.

I have a simple question but its hard to know the answer because I can not test it for myself. The thing is:

I have a gigabyte GA-73VM-S2 motherboard and I can chose between 2 Intel CPUs to buy for use with pcsx2pg (I have a [email protected] at the moment). If I chose E5200, I can overclock it to up 3.8GHz without too much pain (even more with some luck and a higher vcore) and I'll be able to play most of the games with custom Vuskip enabled. In that case the best plugin is GSDX SSSE3 version.

In the other hand, if I chose E7200, I can use the SSE4 version of the GSDX plugin, but my overclock will be limited to only 3.2GHz because of my motherboard limits and the default higher FSB. I don't know how much faster is the SSE4.1 of this plugin (I can not test it) so I think the E5200 will be a better choice 'cos pcsx2 is highly CPU dependent.

The question is: what choice is the best in this case?

1- [email protected] with SSSE3 plugin
2- [email protected] with SSE4 plugin

Oh, and I have a Nvidia 9600GT, if it does matter.
Thanks very much in advance for the help.Smile And sorry for my bad english Tongue

Sorry for my bad english.

Sponsored links

first
Nope the speed increase of SSE4 over the SSSE3 version is really really small.By all means go for the higher clock Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-19-2009, 03:26 AM)Bositman Wrote: Nope the speed increase of SSE4 over the SSSE3 version is really really small.By all means go for the higher clock Wink

Oh, thank you very much, Bositman. Smile Can I give a sugestion? How about to include that information on the FAQ?

ps: Bositman, if you don't mind me to say this: I'm very happy that you've been so friendly on the new forum (I've been reading the topics here, as always). At Ngemu you were a little... severe with people Tongue But no ofense. Don't get me wrong. I agree with that attitude of yours, especially on the "Can my pc run it? Its so slow!" topics posted 1000 times and for other questions that are already in the FAQ. Four years later and people just don't learn to read the FAQ and do a little search before askingTongue. Anyway, thanks again 'cos I couldn't find an answer for my question in the FAQs or even searching.

Sorry for my bad english.