What is the current best revision?
I am just wondering what revision is the best so I can play my games at top performance. Thank you. I'm also going to list my specs below. Please let me know if this is good enough to run this emulator.

I have an AMD Phenom II 1090 Thuban, 6 core 3.2 GHZ, unlocked overclocking.

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 570

Ram: 5 Gigabytes

Can I run the emulator at its fullest potential with these specs?

Sponsored links

depends on the games.
Some won't be @ full speed because they will require more tan 4Ghz per core.
most of the time, latest rvision is the best. If you have any doubt, rad the changelog for each revision.

That said, you will definitely need MTVU hack because you have more than 2 cores. So, go for the latest rev Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I am sure I could overclock this processor to 3.8 GHZ. I have air cooling, but it's a really nice cooler. I tried running Suikoden V and my frame rates were jumping all over the place. I could run the emulator on my Phenom quad 965 fairly well. With this processor currently the performance is not what I expected. If anyone could give any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks jesa.
A Phenom II 965 @ 3.4Ghz would do better than your current @ it's stock 3.2Ghz, but not by much.

Give your processor more Ghz.
If need be, resort to Speedhacks.
And definitely try the MTVU hack to potentially gain more speed.
It has great compatibility with many games.
I was thinking the 1090 would be a better processor due to the 6 cores, and the fact that I can overclock it to 4 GHZ with some adjustments in the bios. Because I stream and game at the same time, I figured the 6 cores would do me well.
If you're using the other cores with other apps, but PCSX2 will only use 2 of them (or 3 with MTVU). Between the 1090 and 965, there is the same performance per clock and per core, so PCSX2 won't run any faster itself than could on the 965 (assuming equal clockrates).
PhenomII X6 1090T is nice upgrade since you can use more core for gsdx software mode and if you play games with MTVU hack then you can play it with turbo core at 3.6Ghz by default for triple core.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(11-07-2011, 03:24 AM)Rezard Wrote: If you're using the other cores with other apps, but PCSX2 will only use 2 of them (or 3 with MTVU). Between the 1090 and 965, there is the same performance per clock and per core, so PCSX2 won't run any faster itself than could on the 965 (assuming equal clockrates).

Well you certainly not asking him to relay on windows sharing the load between cores and stooping his work it only give ~2 FPS and believe me it is not worth it !

(11-07-2011, 01:38 AM)reminisce2905 Wrote: I am sure I could overclock this processor to 3.8 GHZ. I have air cooling, but it's a really nice cooler. I tried running Suikoden V and my frame rates were jumping all over the place. I could run the emulator on my Phenom quad 965 fairly well. With this processor currently the performance is not what I expected. If anyone could give any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks jesa.

There must be something wrong with your setting then.
Alright, I went ahead and bumped my processor up to 4.0 GHZ. I went ahead and installed the latest revision which is r4962. I chose Direct3D 9 for the graphics because it just seems more compatible with a lot of the PS2 games. With Direct3D 11 the game would lag a lot, and slow down even when the fps were showing a solid 60.