What is the status with AMD drivers' OpenGL performance?
nvidia did do that for a number of games the biggest one being batman arkham knight which they tryed to blame on AMD who had no hand in the games creation also i've used open gl with fairly good results with my AMD Radeon ™ R7 370 Series although it does have 4gig on board and I have 32gig memory so that helps

Sponsored links

(01-25-2017, 08:20 AM)gotenksssj22002 Wrote: nvidia did do that for a number of games the biggest one being batman arkham knight which they tryed to blame on AMD who had no hand in the games creation also i've used open gl with fairly good results with my AMD Radeon ™ R7 370 Series although it does have 4gig on board and I have 32gig memory so that helps

? Arkham Knight ran like crap on nvidia cards too though, it was hardly a shady business move
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Marketing department is the real cancer of modern society. They can play the friend card, the aggressive card. Don't trust them, they all want your money.

I think there is a good competition between the 2 companies. Nvidia invested more money, more engineer than AMD in game industry. Real issue is that AMD CPU division suck all the money.
Just adding some fuel to the fire: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/01/b...hics-card/

TL;DR (roughly): if you want a sub $200 GPU, get AMD.

AMD GPUs are popular enough, and rightly so, apparently. For whatever the reasons may be, it's a shame that most of PCSX2's GS improvements are excluded for AMD GPU users.
The issue is that results are valid with an expensive CPU (CPU Intel Core i7-5930K, 6-core @ 4.5GHz)

I understand that the goal is to test the GPU. But it hides all slowdown due to driver issue. It would be interested to do the same test with a slower CPU in area that aren't too heavy on the GPU.(typically the PCSX2 issue).
And after the full reading, I don't understand why the guy recommend the rx460, it is cheaper but less powerful. In their own perf/$ charts it is the last. (IMHO there are others considerations to buy AMD such as freesync cost). People ought to spend less in their iPhone and more in their GPUs if there are real gamers Wink