What plugins and settings for a bad computer?
If anyone can suggest anything to improve the quality of gameplay further let me know, if you have a bad computer these settings have gone a long way to making the games work great.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/5/2011, 01:03:18
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002)

Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite A205
BIOS: BIOS Version 1.00
Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU T5300 @ 1.73GHz (2

CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 2038MB RAM
Page File: 1897MB used, 3128MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel® GMA 950
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_FF101179&REV_03
Display Memory: 256 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 256 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: igdumd32.dll
Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1437 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
BGRA Supported: Yes
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

I have got the emulator working at an almost playable level. I was hoping someone here could help me. I've checked out the offical configuration thread and it didn't really help much seemed all the plugins mentioned were already included. I don't think my computer handles cell shading well. So what plugins can y'all reccomend for a poor quality computer and what settings to go with it. I would appreciate the help very much.

Wow, I can hardly believe how much closer this emulator as come to being playable even on my bad computer. If I can improve it just a little more, to at least get the sound to be more fluid then it will have acceptable playability to me. Right now I can play the opening video to suikoden 3 with very little graphic and sound stuttering, (As an example to where I am in quality) it's even clear for about 6 second intervals.

What I have done thus far.

Speed Hacks
I have the speed hacks maxed, leaving out the MVU min/max hack and the fast CDVD hack. The first because it's supposed to barely help and cause problems and the second because I don't use a CD.

VUs
I have "Clamping Mode" set to none
"Round Mode" set to nearest
SuperVU Recompiler on both options.

Flush to zero "checked"
denormals are zero "checked"

EEs

Flush to zero "checked"

"Emotion Engine" and "IOP" set to recompiler

Video (GS)
Render (Direct 3D9 Hardware)
Interlacing (Blend Tff)

Upscaling (native)
Hardware Mode setting (only Alpha Correction checked)

Audio

Plugin is SPU2-X

Interpolation
1- linear

Checked (disable effects processing)

Reverb

1X normal reverb

Output Setting

1 - XAudio 2

Latency (I don't know what this is)
Is set at 140ms (avg)
(edit- I maxed it out and it greatly improved the opening video of Suikoden III no glitches in the video at all with only an occasional audio hic-up)

Synchronizing Mode
None

Audio Expansion mode
none

Sponsored links

What graphics card does the laptop have?

I'd really recommend a new PC if you plan on playing 3d games tho, that CPU is very slow as it is and I doubt the GPU is any better.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(02-05-2011, 08:53 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: What graphics card does the laptop have?

I'd really recommend a new PC if you plan on playing 3d games tho, that CPU is very slow as it is and I doubt the GPU is any better.

I updated my post with some more complete information. However, as I said I've made it to where my games are almost playable, all of them 3D. Cannot afford a new computer, so I'd like to know if any well informed experienced/knowledgeable users know what plugins GPU/SPUs or others that might work best with this system. I don't need high graphics, but good sound would be greatly appreciated, as well as being able to run the game at an almost natural pace. So if you could give suggestions of plugins and options to turn on for them I'd appreciate it.

I might add the main reason my games are running decently right now is because the resolution is at 300, 300
I wouldn't call 300x300 resolution decent but whatever Tongue2

You can't do anything more about GPU, so just try some speedhacks if you aren't already.
GSdx is the recommended graphics plugin and SPU2-X the sound one (they're also the default ones) but you can try other sound plugins to see if they give you any better speed and try using superVU instead of microVU in the emulation if you aren't already and lower the clamping modes and.... that's about it... I wouldn't expect any miracles.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(02-05-2011, 09:46 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: I wouldn't call 300x300 resolution decent but whatever Tongue2

You can't do anything more about GPU, so just try some speedhacks if you aren't already.
GSdx is the recommended graphics plugin and SPU2-X the sound one (they're also the default ones) but you can try other sound plugins to see if they give you any better speed and try using superVU instead of microVU in the emulation if you aren't already and lower the clamping modes and.... that's about it... I wouldn't expect any miracles.

Well believe it or not that did raise my FPS by 2! Tongue That's something. My FPS runs from between 6-110. For monster rancher 3 it went from 9 to 11 in game, but I did boost the res to 400X400 lookin good at that res, I should probably sacrifice more Tongue
WOW, actually monster rancher 4 and suikoden 3 play pretty good, especially compared to monster rancher 3. Suikoden 3 stays between 40-60 FPS even in combat. Would be ok playing it (in spite of it being slow mo'ish) if it weren't for the sound stuttering. I even have it on Native GPU setting and it still played. However with other settings sometimes peoples heads go missing (Sergent duck Tongue) but that glitchiness is to be expected with a mediocre laptop like mine. If anyone has any suggestions that could improve the performance further please let me know. Its mainly a graphics thing, bad video card. So if there is anything I can do to downgrade the graphics, to improve the performance please let me know.
Native resolution,all speedhacks and ee and vu put to 3.
(02-05-2011, 09:14 PM)Game Wrote: Native resolution,all speedhacks and ee and vu put to 3.

what do you mean set to 3?
Wow, I can hardly believe how much closer this emulator as come to being playable even on my bad computer. If I can improve it just a little more, to at least get the sound to be more fluid then it will have acceptable playability to me. Right now I can play the opening video to suikoden 3 with very little graphic and sound stuttering, it's even clear for about 6 second intervals.

What I have done thus far.

Speed Hacks
I have the speed hacks maxed, leaving out the MVU min/max hack and the fast CDVD hack. The first because it's supposed to barely help and cause problems and the second because I don't use a CD.

VUs
SuperVU Recompiler on both options.

Flush to zero "checked"

EEs

Flush to zero "checked"

"Emotion Engine" and "IOP" set to recompiler

Video (GS)
Render (Direct 3D9 Hardware)
Interlacing (Blend Tff)

Upscaling (native)
Hardware Mode setting (only Alpha Correction checked)

Audio

Plugin is SPU2-X

Interpolation
1- linear

Checked (disable effects processing)

Reverb

1X normal reverb

Output Setting

1 - XAudio 2

Latency (I don't know what this is)
Is set at 140ms (avg)

Synchronizing Mode