What's holding me back?
It's highly likely that your CPU isn't powerful enough. You can try enabling MTVU on the Speedhacks page.

Sponsored links

That would make a lot of sense if it's the quad core thing. I don't suppose there's any way to sort of trick PCSX2 into some kind of workaround for that, huh? (Forgive my naivete)
Mtvu hack and gs software rendering with extra rendering threads are possibilities to use more than two cores. If that really helps you is hard to say without further information.
(08-11-2015, 10:49 PM)willkuer Wrote: Please post the full emulog after you observed the Problem.

What are ee% and gs% values during slowdowns?

OK. I'm home. Can someone translate this to English and I will be happy to get all the info you need. Seriously though, I thought I would know what thus s as soon as I popped it in but i don't know what I'm doing here.

I did pop around and try a few things. The settings in pcsx2, I am confident, are at optimal levels. I've read about 8 ffxii specific threads and a handful of general ones. I think I'm licked here.

Amd a6-3400m apu with radeon graphics 1.40ghz. Can I safely assume it's my terrible pc?
Ugh, but its super smooth and capable of going into overdrive speed when there arent too many character models on the screen, or even behind walls. Menu is slow at high interval resolution, but I had that more or less working fine before. Cutscenes are slow, too. But when there are no other characters er models it flies so fast it keeps giving me hope.
Your cpu is pretty bad. If MTVU doesn't help, not much will. It has 600 stp on passmark (recommended is 1600+ to play all playable games). You'll likely be limited to the lightest games available
My cpu is pretty bad, but, I found a huge boost! I swear this never came up in anything I had read but it was a hack for removing the lebse flare effects or something like that. Not only us it running faster than ever but looks a hell of a lot better too.
(08-12-2015, 04:15 AM)DrBretto Wrote: My cpu is pretty bad, but, I found a huge boost! I swear this never came up in anything I had read but it was a hack for removing the lebse flare effects or something like that. Not only us it running faster than ever but looks a hell of a lot better too.

skipdraw hack ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
That sounds right. It's not perfect but its running a lot better now AND looks better. Still lags down when I'm in a busy area but it used to be a lot worse. Most of the game running at about 95%. Menus are slow but if the only fix for that is to drop the resolution, I'd rather live with it.
Also use ee cycle rate hack. It helped me a lot for this game.

The emulog is the console window that pop ups together with the main window or can be activated onder the top menu entry 'misc'.

Fps, ee%, gs% are written in the titlebar of the GS window (the actual game) if you are not maximising it.