What's with the frameskipping in this emulator?
I think you guys (devs) do a great job of frame skipping, it works very well for me...maybe its your 64 bit os that's holding you back...have you tried make a partition and installing 32bit xp and seeing if you have the same results?
[Image: 1283060.png]

Sponsored links

There is no difference in using a 32bit or 64bit version of windows...
There are some games where a custom VU skip that renders only 30 fps can save you from taking double the time to do something, really good IMO... In others it causes even crashes, or frames being rendered like frame1>frame2>frame1>frame3. It may be choppy, but asking for "perfect" skip at this point is like asking the emulation itself goes perfect in an instant. Simply not possible.

Would it be possible to make the skipping render only certain ammount of frames, but setting this ammount manually?

For example, the method to render only 30 frames per second is really good when the game runs at less than 40 fps (CustomFps=60, FrameskipMode=less than 60 or 60, ConsecutiveFramesToRender=0, ConsecutiveFramesToSkip=1).

But if the game runs at, like, 50 fps from 60, and you want to skip, you get stuck with the method to render only 30 fps, loosing 20 that may not have been necessary to skip (again, I'm no expert, correct me if this is *****, and I'm almost sure it is).

So, is there a way to make the emulator render only a custom number of frames per second? This would make the skipping a bit less choppy... I think. But again, if I'm only speaking BS (as surely I must be), please don't mind me Tongue2, although this is more curiosity than nothing.

Also, I don't know quite yet what to set at ConsecutiveFramesToRender... may this be what I'm looking for?
Personally, I'd rather that the PCSX2 programmers spent their time focusing upon compatibility and stability rather than implementing new/better forms of frameskipping. A midrange PC will get you about 60-70 percent of full speed presently, so by the time you make your next CPU upgrade, you probably won't need frameskip at all anymore. So why worry about it? Smile