What setting can fix this?
(04-22-2019, 02:46 PM)pandubz Wrote: Upscaling is inherently the same process as SSAA, but instead of your GPU doing interpolation and guesswork to do the AA, it has a larger number of pixels to work with and is able to just draw a more precise line in the first place. Going past your monitor's resolution and then downscaling to it does in fact improve it, but you need either the eyes of a hawk that hasn't had a meal in three days, or really lean in to your monitor to really, really notice. Especially if you're doing something like 8K -> 1080p.

Good info! Well, like I told Arethien, i can tell the difference between 8K n 4K on this game even tho it's only played on a 4K display. Maybe its just me, but i can tell it looks waaaay sharper, smoother n clear with 8K than the 4K setting on my 4K display. I dont think I downscaled anything tho... the video link I showed was recorded from Shadowplay/GeForce Experience. The highest resolution to record games on that program is 4K. It'll just record any screen to 4K video. Even if fullscreen 8K.

But even then, i did some testing n found the 4K videos recorded from the 8K upscaled game to be vastly superior to the 4K upscaled variant of the game, even tho only on my 4K display. Im thinking it's cuz usually when a picture is downscaled/condensed from a higher resolution, it almost always makes it sharper anyways cuz the pixels getting smaller/condensed instead of stretched (like taking a 720 x 480 picture n stretching it out to 3840 x 2160, which would stretch out the pixels n just make the picture worse n blurry). Closedeyes

Sponsored links