What version of Ratchet and Clank runs better?
So I'm going to buy the first Ratchet and Clank game (since I had some trouble before for not having it legally...) and I was wondering if there is any difference between NTSC and PAL version.
People say the NTSC version runs better but I really wanna know if this is true. 
Thanks for replying.

Sponsored links

Whatever version is easiest for you to buy locally/cheapest, it won't matter for PCSX2. I would still get whatever version matches your PS2 console in the event that something goes wrong with your PC, ect.
(12-19-2017, 11:18 PM)CK1 Wrote: Whatever version is easiest for you to buy locally/cheapest, it won't matter for PCSX2. I would still get whatever version matches your PS2 console in the event that something goes wrong with your PC, ect.

Ok, I'll probably buy the PAL version then since it's from my region.
Thanks for the help!
PAL is better because you will only need to reach 50fps as full speed instead of 60fps to ease it's dependant of overall CPU/GPU usage.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
That's actually misinformation - the difference between emulating a PAL game and an NTSC varies. Sometimes the PAL version is newer build date and takes advantage of a lower refresh rate with increasing the draw distance, adding effects, etc.

Also, outputting less frames doesn't mean that it's actually rendering less, a lot of times the games will still be running at 60 FPS internally, though only output 50 FPS. Mario Kart Wii does this, for instance.
(12-20-2017, 03:19 AM)smartstrike Wrote: PAL is better because you will only need to reach 50fps as full speed instead of 60fps to ease it's dependant of overall CPU/GPU usage.

What ?
Since when ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
In the pal version, you can choose between 50 and 60 Hz.
But, because the game is running at the same speed, that may not actually affect how much CPU is required by a meaningful amount.

A long time ago people would get the PAL version of Xenoblade Chronicles in order to run it at 25 FPS instead of 30 so that they could get that "performance" boost. After actually testing it, we found the performance difference to fall within the range of error (less than 2.5% in that game, even less in others,) to the point where PAL50/60/NTSC doesn't really matter.

This varies per game and console, I'm sure, but any developer worth their salt is going to take advantage of the console regardless of the video output mode.