[deleted]
Question 
[deleted]

Sponsored links

(10-09-2014, 03:16 AM)Alexander Wrote: I'm finding that earlier versions of PCSX2 seem to run ZoE, as well as some other games, better. Zone of the Enders is a real b*tch on emulating and the game is near unplayable even on a higher-end system in 1.2.1. I find it also runs on 0.9.8 better but still not very well.

So I'm wondering, at what point was ZoE considered fully compatible with PCSX2? That's probably the version I need to download.

Before anyone gives the usual how-to on speeding it up, I already know. The res is native, hardware mode, and all speedhacks enabled (except the sliders, which I tend to not screw with). Also tried software mode and it makes no difference.

Thanks!

It could be because you're using a laptop. Yet, that is one powerful laptop, so to answer your question; I don't know. Sorry I couldn't help you out on this. From what I heard, there doesn't seem to be any version that would work best. I'd guess your best bet would be to buy the HD collection on PS3 running in full time.

Seriously, how the hell did Konami make it so hard to emulate these games?
[deleted]
These are one of those games that is heavy on the cpu and gpu for Desktop setup to deal with laptops/notebooks arnt really gone run this game to well unless you payed out your ass to laptop.
(10-09-2014, 03:16 AM)Alexander Wrote: I'm finding that earlier versions of PCSX2 seem to run ZoE, as well as some other games, better. Zone of the Enders is a real b*tch on emulating and the game is near unplayable even on a higher-end system in 1.2.1. I find it also runs on 0.9.8 better but still not very well.

So I'm wondering, at what point was ZoE considered fully compatible with PCSX2? That's probably the version I need to download.

Before anyone gives the usual how-to on speeding it up, I already know. The res is native, hardware mode, and all speedhacks enabled (except the sliders, which I tend to not screw with). Also tried software mode and it makes no difference.

Thanks!

From what I understand, older versions of PCSX2 almost always run games faster because they are less accurate.

As far as being playable, I would imagine a newer version would give you less errors in gameplay (thus making it more playable) but it will definitely make it run slower. So if you're looking for full speed gameplay instead of accuracy in the emulation, I would suggest trying the oldest version of PCSX2 you can find. I can tell you that my i5-4670K can't play ZoE at full speed on the latest 1.3.0 build but it can do it on 0.9.8 (even on 4x IR). Hope that helps!
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
^ I wouldn't use a version any older than 0.9.8 which is the oldest version that ZOE works on.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD