What was the first svn to include the AVX instruction set in GSDX?
I'm asking this because the official 0.9.8 release didn't include an AVX edition of GSDX and the latest GSDX is incompatible with 0.9.8.

Sponsored links

Looks like r4270 was the first to mention AVX.

As for using an svn GSdx with 0.9.8 ... no problems here for me (well, for SSE2 at least).
You can ask Gabest...he's the brains behind gsdx...
(01-10-2012, 03:28 AM)DrHycodan Wrote: I'm asking this because the official 0.9.8 release didn't include an AVX edition of GSDX and the latest GSDX is incompatible with 0.9.8.

The latest GSdx works fine with 0.9.8...Why do you need the AVX version of GSdx? Are you aware it only speeds up software mode?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Although it works fine, but some glitches are somehow added. No Speedhacks.

For in dbz games, the Health Bar / Ki Bar is not shown or flashes a bit when using pcsx2 0.9.8 and GSDX r4975.

But with same configuration in pcsx2 r4975 with GSDX r4975, its perfect. Wacko
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
That is probably because the ini file changed and it is loading wrong settings.. I'd suggest deleting GSdx.ini and letting the plugin create one from scratch
Checked just now. Still not. I used PCSX2 0.9.8 Binaries in a separate folder and used GSDX SSE41 r4975. I did the First time configuration (default). But still the problem was there. So i think the GSDX has some problems with pcsx2 0.9.8. :s
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Maybe he broke the CRC detection for game fixes for the old 0.9.8 who knows Tongue
And you are aware some people use software mode exclusively, no? Trust me, if you had a multi-threading beast like the i7 3930k, you wouldn't bother with hardware mode as it's actually slower than software mode in some cases and is waaaaay less accurate in graphics emulation.
Yeah but hardware mode is so pretty.