Whats more faster for PCSX2 Playground?
oh my god,i found a bare bone kit computer site,i can choose WHATEVER PROCESSOR,RAM,VIDEO CARD,CASE ETC. as in a kit!!!man its about time i can customize my barebone kit

if you guys wanna check it out: ***.googlebb.magicmicro.com/pricelist.asp

so since i can do that customization,you guys agree on the C2D 3.0Ghz is better then the quad unless i get the 3.0ghz one right?well i think ima get the C2D and maybe in like 25% chance i will get the C2Q 3.0ghz.

well since im kinda done with the processor,what do you guys recommnd from RAM to Graphics card?

Sponsored links

@videogamer
I recommend any Nvidia graphic card that is more or as powerfull as the 8800gt.
Ati has pretty good graphic card too, but the Gsdx graphic plugin seems better optimized for Nvidia gpu.
For the RAM buy at least 2Gb of DDR2, ideally 800Mhz or more, with heat spreaders, from a reputable brand.
I love G.Skill especially.
Sweet then im good to go with the nividia graphics card(ether 8800gt or a overclocked 8900gt 0_0 )

and ram,i only need to go to microcenter or newegg since the ram there is so cheap(yeah i know what to look for,for compatiblity for my mobo)

Alright so technicly im almost ready to go Smile
Hey man. I hope it's not too late, but this could save you some money. I would recommend buying a E8400. It will overclock to 3.6gHz even with stock cooling! Just change FSB to 400mhz and multiplier to 9. You don't have to change any voltages and thus won't affect the normal lifetime of your cpu or motherboard.
I recently used a C2Q [email protected] and it was decent but some Games like Persona 3/4 and others were too slow for me (~40FPS).
So I changed to an E8400 E0 and therefore from Quad back to Dual. It was worth it because I benchmarked a little and in compare the Quad gives no advantage in PCSX2 at all. Not even with background processes. What PCSX2 needs is raw power from the CPU and my new E8400 which runs at 4.4 Ghz with air cooling (Thermalright 120 extreme) provides just that. Together with my 260GTX+ @ 700/1450/1250 I can now even play Xenosaga I - III without any performance problems.

So spend a little more if possible and get a 45nm Dualcore and clock it. For clocking any P35/P45 will do as they can easily run with high FSBs. I for example have only a Gigabyte P35-DS3 which is kinda cheap but more than enough.
(12-23-2008, 12:19 PM)HaVoC Wrote: Hey man. I hope it's not too late, but this could save you some money. I would recommend buying a E8400. It will overclock to 3.6gHz even with stock cooling! Just change FSB to 400mhz and multiplier to 9. You don't have to change any voltages and thus won't affect the normal lifetime of your cpu or motherboard.

no ita not too late and thanks for the help!im go with that i guess since i would only have 3.16ghz but on the E8400 it will be 3.6ghz sweet!

youve tested it out?
jeez as least 80 fps....i can only run it at 15....lol...<----- total noob
thats wierd,i my computer can run FFX 60fps(the highest excluding the menu and load game menus)In game its like 60fps video is like 30 to 50
(12-23-2008, 11:30 PM)videogamer Wrote: no ita not too late and thanks for the help!im go with that i guess since i would only have 3.16ghz but on the E8400 it will be 3.6ghz sweet!

youve tested it out?

Yes, and you can also get an official OK on that by reading this page:

http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=717
(12-24-2008, 08:59 PM)HaVoC Wrote:
(12-23-2008, 11:30 PM)videogamer Wrote: no ita not too late and thanks for the help!im go with that i guess since i would only have 3.16ghz but on the E8400 it will be 3.6ghz sweet!

youve tested it out?

Yes, and you can also get an official OK on that by reading this page:

http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=717

what case do you have to have in order for the Thermalright Ultra-120 heatsink to fit?because ima get that heatsink but its GIANT!