Whats more faster for PCSX2 Playground?
Core 2 duo 3.0ghz?
Pentium 4/D 3.0ghz?(arent the core 2 duo 3.0ghz the same as other 3.0ghz processors?)
because most people are saying the processor is actually more important then video card,RAM(but at least need 1gb) and other things

so i want to get a 3.0ghz one since my computer is a Pentium D 2.8ghz and intel on board graphic card and FFX is 60+ FPS IN GAME 30+FPS for videos and super monkey ball DX is 33 FPS IN GAME PLAY AND MENU

but im mostly gonna play FFX but i need the speed to go to AT LEAST 80+FPS and im thinking if i get 3.0gb of RAM,A 3.0ghz intel processor,and POSSIBLY a new graphcs card.

but now im focused on the processor so whats better?

p.s. wont a overclocked Intel pentium D/4(so that would be like 3.5GHZ and possibly 3.9ghz or even 4.0ghz(ive seen it in videos))

p.s.s. post your specs and plugin setup here please to help me and tell me the FPS of ANY games(like resident evil outbreak 1 and/or 2,FFX FFXII,FFX2,etc.)and i would spend at least 125 dollars for upgrades or if needed 170 or 150 dollars, i CANT have a high tech grapihcs card that is like over 100 only and grapihc card that has direrctx10 in it.and should i overclock the new processor ima get?(so it can at least go higher performance and because ima get a 120mm processor heatsink from newegg)

Thanks

Sponsored links

get the C2D @ 3.0ghz.

don't get the Pentium D.
C2D, no question.

Do people still sell Pentium D's?
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
"at least" 80 FPS? The PS2 was capped at 60Hz. >_>

Core 2 Duo 3.0 (OC from 2.6) + 8800GTX + 4GB RAM here. I run speeds similar to yours.
A Pentium D or 4 is not the same as the C2D. They're both a POS for PCSX2. If you want playable speeds, you want a C2D or C2Q (although PCSX2 does not support quad cores, it would use just 2 cores). You should only overclock your processor depending on your MB and Cooling. If you have a nice MB and nice Cooling, you may want to overclock, but get yourself informed before doing it, if done wrong you may fry your PC because of overvolting.
yeah but i cant afford a c2d right now,so i guess i should find a price for it on other sites...and if you guys want,you can help me find cheap core 2 duos(i dont care what store as long as its in the price range of 40-possibly 90 maybe 80 but over 100 will take some time...)ima serch also
E7300 is the cheapest C2D you can find at newegg.
And it's price is 120$.
Getting the E8400 is more interesting if you want to use pcsx2.
SHOOT!!!i just reilized my mobo specs ONLY these processors are supported darn!Intel PentiumĀ® 4, CeleronĀ® D or Pentium D processors....well(sighs)time to LOSE more money on a mobo and a C2D 2.6ghz or 3.0ghz processor(which the whole price total would be about 200+ dollars PLUS a supported case NOW thats over 250 :'( :/ )well (haha) ima try to get one of my family(whoever would ask me what i want for christmas or can afford it because ima not say it in a mean way)to possibly(20% possible)get me a new mobo(since i have about 3 uncles that know about tech/computers) that seems kinda mean...but i think they would buy me it(since they spend about over 50 dollars to buy me something without me asking what i want Tongue2)

or i could wait,go one by one,heatsink,mobo,processor,processor 2(for my other computer),heatsink 2(also for my other computer) (Thinks)hmmm.....i wonder if micro center or frys or circuit city or bestbuy OR WHATEVER computer eletronics store is gonna have a mobo that supports C2D thats on sale Laugh or newegg...man but im not sure because my dad wont buy a mobo wether its cheap or not and he doesnt want to tell me why he doesnt want to but ill convince him
(12-19-2008, 03:49 AM)bigmehdi Wrote: E7300 is the cheapest C2D you can find at newegg.
And it's price is 120$.
Getting the E8400 is more interesting if you want to use pcsx2.

I was going to laugh at you and call you out for being a n00b, since I very clearly remember (and have credit card bills to prove) that I bought a E6850 for $125 from newegg a few months ago. As dated as it is, it's still a very solid choice for the budget-oriented.

Just checked, it's now $199.99

Stupid economy.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
@echosierra
yes a E6850 for $125 is better, but I just sort the result by lowest prices,
and currently it's E7300.