Whats the lowest i# i can go for the best results
an gtx650 and an i3 is good enough for pcsx2 or u can buy an i5...

but in laptop u cant run pcsx2 nice...i advise u if u want then buy an desktop rather than an laptop..

Sponsored links

(04-30-2013, 09:06 AM)Story101 Wrote: Not quite.
i3 is 2 cores 4 threads. (Hyper threaded) no turbo

i5 is 4 cores 4 threads. turbo (Desktop) 2 cores 4 threads (Laptop) Turbo (according to Intel's product page)

i7 is 4 cores 8 threads + more cache memory (Hyper Threaded) turbo (both laptops and desktops)

Of course this is for all 3rd Gen i(x) cpus.

I wasn't talking about desktop CPUs but just laptopt ones, and as you can see here:
http://ark.intel.com/products/65714
there are i7 that are 2 cores 4 threads: the U ones that are mainly for ultrabook (17W TDP).
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900
well I7s are know for there Quad core whether it's lyinfield (8XX ) Bloomfield (9XX) Sandybridge (2XXX) or Ivybridge (3XXX) like 100% of the time !

however it's good to know that there is a dual core I7 out there Smile
(04-30-2013, 01:51 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: an gtx650 and an i3 is good enough for pcsx2 or u can buy an i5...

but in laptop u cant run pcsx2 nice...i advise u if u want then buy an desktop rather than an laptop..

Laptops can run pcsx2 just as well as desktops can. The difference comes with cost. Its far more expensive to get a laptop that is powerful enough to run 90%+ of games at full fps than it is with a desktop.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(04-30-2013, 03:00 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: Laptops can run pcsx2 just as well as desktops can. The difference comes with cost. Its far more expensive to get a laptop that is powerful enough to run 90%+ of games at full fps than it is with a desktop.
ok dante bro first of all pcsx2 not reccomand laptop for pcsx2 why .
1)less ghz so theire is no meaning to overclock....if u want to fry ur laptop then do overclock..
2 many laptop not support sse2 or sse4.1.
3 bad for gaming even wrost for gaming ..
4 not have hardware like pc..
5 why laptop made ........only for business not for gaming..
6 no graphic card that mean meaningless gaming..
7 low battery life..
8 overheating..
9 integrated powerless graphic.
i think now u knw why laptop not recommanded..
(04-30-2013, 03:19 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: ok dante bro first of all pcsx2 not reccomand laptop for pcsx2 why .
1)less ghz so theire is no meaning to overclock....if u want to fry ur laptop then do overclock..
2 many laptop not support sse2 or sse4.1.
3 bad for gaming even wrost for gaming ..
4 not have hardware like pc..
5 why laptop made ........only for business not for gaming..
6 no graphic card that mean meaningless gaming..
7 low battery life..
8 overheating..
9 integrated powerless graphic.
i think now u knw why laptop not recommanded..

... ok...

1 - disregarding cost, you can get laptops with i7 3.8GHz+. They can technically be OC'd though its not recommended. Companies like origin offer laptop overclocking at extra cost.
2 - lmao no... I have a close to mid range laptop that has SSE 4.2 support. Any laptop built for gaming will have SSE 4.1 support.
3 - the whole 'laptops are bad for gaming' argument is long past its due date. These days its easy to get a laptop that is decent for gaming. To make this clearer, there are laptops that can play crysis 3 on high settings (and possibly ultra with lower fps) at close to 60fps
4 - while true, that in no way means laptops dont have powerful hardware. Just look above.
5 - Same as 3. Only need to look at companies like origin and alienware to show that is no longer the case.
6 - so the gtx 680mx (and lower models) doesnt exist?
7 - only has any effect when you are out and about. However this is a plus for laptops due to portability. When at home, you can plug It in just like a desktop. Hell even plus it into a monitor and external keyboard and mouse if you desire.
8 - generally not too much of an issue, and if it does become an issue there are cooling mats you can buy to counter it. Dont forget that desktops can overheat too.
9 - you dont seriously believe that all laptops only have integrated graphics do you? Once again, the gtx 680mx, and lower, dont exist?

Overall desktops are generally better for gaming, though that doesnt mean laptops cant be gaming machines. With laptops its more expensive, which is the main reason they arent recommended.
Clear me that u not compaire that desktop <<laptop .,...because u also knw that what is better..
Never said laptops were better than desktops. Desktops will always be better due to being able to upgrade them without buying a whole new machine.

Laptops however are more portable, and can still hold their own when it come to gaming performance. Yes, the mobile variants of desktop hardware arent as powerful, but they are still powerful enough for solid gaming. You seem to be under the misunderstanding that laptops are solely for office work and are no good for gaming, which hasnt been the case for some time now.
why i think like that because my sister laptop sony vaio E15127 could not give good fps in cod mordern warfare even same with crysis 2 in ultra setting as compaire to my previous pentium e5500 and that is true
(04-30-2013, 04:02 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: why i think like that because my sister laptop sony vaio E15127 could not give good fps in cod mordern warfare even same with crysis 2 in ultra setting as compaire to my previous pentium e5500 and that is true

Thats not the best laptop to base laptops performance in gaming on. Once again, with laptops you have to pay more than you do with desktops to get similar performance.