When Star Ocean 3 can use VU on PCSX2 PG?(PAL)
(02-04-2009, 06:27 PM)Thundas Wrote: I dont understand why people on here want starocean 3 so bad. the game is a disgrace to mortal eyes.
Nobody cares about your opinion.
[Image: nobodycaresaf9jk6.png]

Sponsored links

I care.
Hey, with the latest build, frameskip works great with SO3! VUskip is still horribly choppy (and with broken graphics/sound) though, but much better than before Laugh
great job guys!
(02-04-2009, 07:11 PM)Kein Wrote:
(02-04-2009, 06:27 PM)Thundas Wrote: I dont understand why people on here want starocean 3 so bad. the game is a disgrace to mortal eyes.
Nobody cares about your opinion.
[Image: nobodycaresaf9jk6.png]

Laugh a care o meter
anyway i have no analysis if the PAL version will be implemented soon.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Show some images.
VUSkip will not work with Star Ocean 3. I repeat...

Star Ocean 3 will not work right with VUSkip, and it never will.

Star Ocean 3 is one of many games which relies heavily on the VU1micro to perform very important game-critical calculations. In addition to video rendering, it also uses the VU1 for audio surround sound. When VUSkip is enabled, SO3's audio is very likely to sound very bad.

This cannot be fixed. There is no way to both skip the calculations that the VU1 is doing and still have them available for the game's needs. This is a fact of life for many games, not just SO3. The VUSkip is, by nature, the most hackish speed hack in Pcsx2. It's really quite a miracle it works for any games, quite frankly. Wink
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
WHOA, then let's hope that it won't be needed anymore... -_-"
Just remove VU skip. It's choppy, doesn't work most of the time and you get tons of false bug reports and questions.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
It works in some games (try it on shadow of the colossus).
As long as it somewhat works, and a large userbase still needs any possible speedup they can get, we'll keep it Tongue2