When can I legally download a Game Rom/iso?
I know what you mean, i would love PS2 games to be considered "abandonware" so we could get it from wherever we liked, that would be great for us and the users, but unfortunately copyrights still stand and abandonware is a "grey area" at best.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(02-15-2014, 08:29 PM)refraction Wrote: I know what you mean, i would love PS2 games to be considered "abandonware" so we could get it from wherever we liked, that would be great for us and the users, but unfortunately copyrights still stand and abandonware is a "grey area" at best.

this is the comment i wanted to heard by someone +1 ! :-)
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(02-14-2014, 10:58 PM)refraction Wrote: Downloading it is still piracy [...] it's as bad as taking an extra copy from a shop because you own it.

I think this is the main argument of people who do not tolerate any pirating. And because in any of these threads somebody is posting the counter-argument and it has not been done so far. Here it is:

It is not as bad as stealing a copy from the shop because you steal the content AND the disk. The disk is not only made of plastic but it has gone through a lot of hands. There is the production, the transport, the shop, taxes and all of that without even having a content. The last one in the line of production/selling has to pay the steps before. So if you steal a copy from a store there is a real loss for the store.

Now if you download the game or rip it from a friend you only steal the content. So that the only losses (if present - thats actually the next point) are on the side of the creators. But if you have downloaded a game it does not mean that you would've bought it if you wouldn't be able to download it. So that downloading one copy is not like stealing exact one copy from the creator but stealing a fraction of it.

(Still it is stealing but never say downloading is like stealing a real copy from a shop.)

I've actually seen a study some time ago that buying/selling used games is much worse for the economy since these are guys that really want to spend money but don't do it in stores anymore. (That's probably why selling games should be forbidden in a couple of years)

With my knowledge of the English language it is actually hard to say what I want to say but I hope you can still understand...
Well this emulator makes Sony lose sales, if it wasn't for this emulator I would have bought a brand new ps2 console a long time ago.Smile
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
Guys, it doesn't matter if it's legal in some places or if there are loopholes which somehow makes it legal. We don't want to take any chances, and therefore the rules of this private forum are that any discussions of downloaded games or bios are absolutely forbidden. Take it or leave it. Case closed.

Is it really that hard to understand?
(02-15-2014, 10:39 PM)avih Wrote: Guys, it doesn't matter if it's legal in some places or if there are loopholes which somehow makes it legal. We don't want to take any chances, and therefore the rules of this private forum are that any discussions of downloaded games or bios are absolutely forbidden. Take it or leave it. Case closed.

Is it really that hard to understand?

for some people, "follow the rules you agreed when signin in" is really complicated.
Being smart isn't given to everyone, you know Smile
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Donovan this emulator won't make sony lose sales, since the PS2 isn't being made anymore and even so if they would this emulator is (No offense to the devs) Too unstable to run each game flawless or without bugs.
(02-15-2014, 11:04 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: Donovan this emulator won't make sony lose sales, since the PS2 isn't being made anymore

you forgot one thing, though :

jesalvein Wrote:don't count on it since they want to sell their games again on virtual consoles or as remakes

so yes, it can make Sony lose sales on those "remakes"
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I think some people learnt some useful stuff here. I thank Donova for mentioning UK copwright laws and giving me a clearer understanding on the issue that Brock wrestling dude brought up Smile
The first time I thought about the issue was when I was having a discussion with another person on another forum about a certain games company we both really supported and liked, going out of business. We were talking about how if the games were pirated it would not effect said company but would it still be an illegal act. Something along those lines.

Also, the HD remake of past games rings very true. I physically chuckled while reading that because I had talked in the past about certain remake with my friend, and I've said to him "you know, it looks great on X emulator since I can up-res it so it looks just as good as the remake if not better so I don't really feel the need to invest in that remake" xD
Of course there are certain other factors they may sway me. For instance, the FFX remaster has redone music and textures, character models etc. Plus I will be able to play it on a portable device. Those are the incentives that remakes need and if they don't have em then I'm more than happy to stick with FFX on PCSX2(luckily, you'll be gettin my money Square Enix) Laugh
....Woah, off-topic much. Sorry had to blabber xD
(02-15-2014, 11:04 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: Donovan this emulator won't make sony lose sales, since the PS2 isn't being made anymore and even so if they would this emulator is (No offense to the devs) Too unstable to run each game flawless or without bugs.

Well my ps2 broke while they were still in production and I was gonna buy a new one.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black