Where can I ask for help for PCSX2 on Series X|S via Retroarch?
I'm trying to emulate PS2 on a Series S. I'm having trouble running a few games. 

I've been unable to find specific advice for running it via retroarch on Series S.. Windows, yes, general videos on getting it to run, yes, specific videos tackling problems with select games? Not so. I've looked at the wiki entries for the games I'm concerned with an they rarely have the problems I'm experiencing in their 'known issues' tabs.

- Gran Turismo 4 crashes on the first race (i know this is a well known problem, the fixes i could find didn't seem applicable on xbox, maybe i could find them somewhere?)
- MGS 3: Subsistence suffers from severe slowdown
- SSX 3 lags when crowds are within the field of view
- Ace Combat 4 has vertical lines and slowdown... I know the vertical lines are discussed on the wiki page, I am leaving trying that fix until I know the game can run at the correct speed/it's worth it.
- Sly and the Thevius Racoonus slows down like porridge whenever the draw distance gets long.

... there might be some more.

By default I start off trying to render the game at 1440p, and with 16x AF, though I've reduced these targets in attempts to remedy the lag without success. I understand that MGS3 in particular is hard to run, but I don't want to give up until I've exhausted all options.

As I understand it, there should be hacks and tweaks I can use to get each running properly, I just want to know where I can ask about which ones to use, etc? Trouble shooting. I'm taken to beleive that the Series S is pretty well capable of running it, but if I'm mistaken I'd like to hear more about it Tongue

I'd appreciate any tips on where to go to discuss this.

Ty very much for any help Smile

Sponsored links

RetroArch Is Not Officially Supported
The PCSX2 project is not affiliated with the development of the RetroArch core. As such, we do not provide support or answer questions regarding the RetroArch core here.

Please visit the RetroArch server here to receive support - https://discord.com/invite/chjzzQx
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-22-2021, 07:43 AM)jesalvein Wrote: RetroArch Is Not Officially Supported
The PCSX2 project is not affiliated with the development of the RetroArch core. As such, we do not provide support or answer questions regarding the RetroArch core here.

Please visit the RetroArch server here to receive support - https://discord.com/invite/chjzzQx

ty Smile