Where can I find the best settings for various games? Should we create a wiki?
(03-19-2009, 10:53 PM)rama Wrote: sofakng:
You'll have to "promote" your wiki yourself, we won't make this official (too much work to maintain/moderate it).
But generally we hope you have success with it.
One suggestion though:
Try to focus only one game compatibility and not on everything pcsx2 related.
This is out of the scope and very hard to keep up to date Tongue2
Thanks for the feedback.

You're probably right with trying to focus on game compatibility and not everything pcsx2 related.

I'm in the process of adding form-based article creation to the wiki so then we can just add games by filling out a form instead of actually creating the text for the article, etc.

Thanks again!

Sponsored links

Let us know when you're happy with your form. So I can criticize it add games.

I looked at the wiki briefly and it seems it could use some wikipedia-style {{outdated}} tags for, i.e., configuration guides referencing 0.9.4 as the latest stable pcsx2. Also your current template could use a couple comments sections; playability comments to discuss emulation imperfections that don't prevent you from playing (incl. "minor" graphical glitches), configuration comments to discuss settings the contributor noticed to have (some effect) on those emulation imperfections.
Poke.

I'd like to see this; if something hangs you up, let me know.
Just took a look at the wiki. I don't like having a "Popular Games" and an "Other Games" box. It best to just list games by alphabetical order.
I like the idea but it will require lots of work before people even want to look at it. I also agree that a popular games section is a big no-no. Good luck with it and tell us when it's got some more information.
My Spec's are:
CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 3.0GHz
GPU:Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512MB GDDR3
SPU:Intergrated Realtek HD Audio

Graphics: GSdx 890
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Controller: SSSPSX Pad plugin 1.7.0
Cdvdrom: CDVD 0.1.0
OK, I've moved the Wiki to it's permanent home and have the forms for adding/editting games about 75% complete. I'm planning to allow easily uploading of screenshots to show both the game and any possible glitches.

Here is the new location: http://pcsx2.lagworld.net

Click on Add/Edit A Game and follow the instructions.

Let me know what you think! Smile

(Also, the main page will automatically update to show any new games added)