Where can i obtain a download to the LATEST release of PCSX2?
(03-03-2015, 04:29 PM)ssakash Wrote: There were X64 bit versions a while before but, now we are only focusing on 32bit releases.

Care to point to an x64 build which we had in the past?

(03-03-2015, 04:32 PM)ssakash Wrote: There are currently no X64 bit builds in development. Even if they were, the performance difference will be very minimal.

How would you know that it would have minimal performance difference? considering that it hasn't been tried yet?

Sponsored links

@avih
IIRC, the playground builds also had a 64bit build ( though, not sure). Someone will probably provide more info on that. And, about the minimal differences in speed. I had already asked Rama on the difference between a X64 bit build and X86 bit build and many said that there will be only a little amount of improvement. To back up my statement, here is a quote from ref.

(06-20-2013, 11:20 AM)refraction Wrote: Just to chime in an official word.

There is no benifit for us with 64bit, we "shouldn't" need the extra memory space and the 64bit instruction set will provide such a small benifit it is completely overshadowed by the work involved.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Well, we didn't have x64 builds, and we can't know how much better they might be because it hasn't been tried yet. The assumption is that it will bring little benefit, and it's not easy to make it happen. However, until someone manages to make it build in 64 and actually compare - we don't know how much they'll differ.
Yeah, you're right. Theoretical assumptions can't be precise all the time. Though, it does give a rough understanding on the expected performance of X64 builds. Still, I wouldn't expect any major differences from X86 builds since, there are no factors for that to happen practically.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-03-2015, 06:04 PM)ssakash Wrote: Yeah, you're right. Theoretical assumptions can't be precise all the time. Though, it does give a rough understanding on the expected performance of X64 builds. Still, I wouldn't expect any major differences from X86 builds since, there are no factors for that to happen practically.

There's a huge difference between x86 and x64 Dolphin. It could be the same for PCSX2, who knows. You really can't be too sure whether it'll give a lot of performance increase or not. Maybe one day we'll find out. Until then I'm just as satisfied with the x86 versions of PCSX2 that we have right now.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(03-03-2015, 04:39 PM)avih Wrote: Care to point to an x64 build which we had in the past?
Linux
Windows (disappeared the next day)
Project files for Windows version
Well, these are from almost 10 years ago, and there's probably a good reason they didn't stay for more than a day... so back to my original claim that we can't know how modern PCSX2 will perform as 64b without making it first build and run in 64, and it's unlikely that those 8 years old experiments will add any relevant info.
(03-03-2015, 10:29 PM)Ryudo Wrote: There's a huge difference between x86 and x64 Dolphin. It could be the same for PCSX2, who knows.

AFAIK, the 64-bit version of Dolphin is faster because it has fastmem feature. It's not faster just because it's 64-bit.

Regarding the 64-bit builds of PCSX2, read this thread: We are dropping x64 PCSX2 Playground builds!

Quote:As cotton said. There are many reasons for this change. Just naming a few...
- Big increase in complexity of maintaining both versions
- No increase in performances as the emulator is structured now
- Dubious increase in performance in general even if we were to restructure it...

64-bit myths: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Is-it-pos...8#pid37818